Sew an easy DIY Olivia costume with this easy tutorial. Your little reader will love this cute pig costume.
This original costume tutorial was written by Kara from Mine for the Making. Kara originally made this costume for her daughter in 2012.
Are you familiar with the adorable children's book, "Olivia"?
Olivia is a character from children's literature and she even has her own show on Nick Jr. Olivia is adventurous, unique, loud, fun, silly, imaginative, creative little pig... In her series of books Olivia takes on many different adventures. This cute little costume is Ballet Olivia.
If you love this cute Olivia costume check out this adorable Piglet Costume Tutorial and Free Pattern.
Ears: felt, pipe cleaner, headband, red bows, stuffing, hot glue and glue gun.
Shirt: red shirt, freezer paper and white fabric paint.
Tutu: Red tulle, 1-inch elastic.
Shoes: Use red shoes or spray paint an old pair, red ribbon.
I made the ears using felt. I added a pipe cleaner to the inside to keep the form and then a bit of stuffing. I added the red bows and secured the ears to the headband. No sewing...hot glue.
I bought the red shirt for under $4 at Walmart and added OLIVIA with a freezer paper stencil and white fabric paint. (I also added silver glitter paint to the letters)
I made the tutu with red ribbon and tulle. Very simple. Again, no sewing. Just cutting and tying just like in this Peacock Tutu.
Don't miss the cutest little costume ever! This DIY Peacock Tutu is easy to make and will impress everyone.
These were old shoes white shoes of my daughter's and I spray painted them red and then I added red glitter with Mod Podge. I sealed the shoes with a clear coat and hot glued ribbon to the inside to lace up the legs.
I was going to make her a trick-or-treat bag, but she insisted on taking my old bag. My mom's friend made it for me when I was 5 years old. It's in great shape, so I couldn't argue with her on taking it : )
More Costume Tutorials
- Crochet Monster Hat Tutorial
- Fox Costume Tutorials (2022)
- Dino Tail Tutorial (Dragon Tail)
- Halloween Treat Bag Tutorial
- DIY Piglet Costume Tutorial & Free Pattern
- Ladybug Costume Tutorial
- DIY Peacock Costume Tutu Tutorial
- Most Popular Costumes in 2020 and How to Make Them
- How to make a Hashtag Costume
- DIY Upside Down Person Tutorial
- DIY No Sew Iridescent Fairy Wings Tutorial
- DIY Fairy Wand Tutorial
- Handmade Costume Series: DIY "The Birds" Costume Tutorial
- 30 Kids' Halloween Costumes to Buy
- DIY Halloween Costume Tutorials
- DIY Tutu Costume Tutorials
- Frozen's Elsa Dress Tutorials (Ice Queen)
- Harry Potter Costume Tutorials
- 33 boy costume tutorials you MUST see
- Last minute dog costume
- 75+ DIY Halloween Costume Tutorials Roundup
- Handmade Costume Series: DIY Fish Costume Tutorial
- Handmade Costume Series: DIY Stick Man Tutorial
- Handmade Costume Series: DIY Witch Hat Tutorial
- DIY Almost No Sew T-Shirt Superhero Cape Tutorial
- Handmade Dress Up: DIY Minecraft costume tutorial
- Handmade Costume Series: DIY Jesse Costume Tutorial (Toy Story)
- Handmade Costume Series: Fancy Nancy Costume Tutorial
- Handmade Costume Series: Bob's Big Boy costume tutorial
- Handmade Costume Series: DIY Fairy to Flamingo costume tutorial
- Handmade Costume Series: DIY Mini Top Hat Headband Tutorial
- DIY Cat Mask Tutorial
- DIY Lego Costume Tutorial
- Luke Skywalker costume tutorial
- Handmade Costume Series: Pumpkin Witchy Dress
- Handmade Costumes: DIY Incredibles Costume Tutorial for the whole family!
- Handmade Costumes: DIY Giant Lollipop Prop Tutorial
- DIY Baby Dinosaur Costume Tutorial
- Handmade Costumes: DIY Ladybug Baby Carrier Slipcover Tutorial
- DIY Nacho Libre Costume Tutorial
- DIY Dorothy Costume Tutorial
- DIY Dwarf & Gnome Costume Tutorial
- DIY Bumble Bee Costume Tutorial
- Handmade Costume Series: DIY Princess Jasmine Costume Tutorial
- Handmade Costume Series: DIY Garden Gnome Hat Tutorial
- Handmade Costume Series: DIY Nesting Dolls Costumes Tutorial
- DIY "No David" Costume Tutorial
- DIY Jailbird Costume Tutorial
- Handmade Costume Series: DIY Barbie Peaches n' Cream Costume Tutorial
- Handmade Costume Series: DIY "Going Batty" Headband Tutorial
- DIY No-Sew Ninja Costume Tutorial
- Handmade Costume Series: DIY Alice in Wonderland Costume tutorials
- DIY Baby Hedgehog Costume Tutorial
- DIY Cowboy Costume Tutorial (chaps!)
- Handmade Costume Series: DIY Owl Costume Tutorial (cape & mask!)
- Handmade Costume Series: DIY Twirly Butterfly Skirt Tutorial
- DIY Caveman Costume Tutorial
- DIY Elephant Costume Tutorial (includes tusks!)
- Handmade Costumes: DIY Rain Cloud Tutorial
- DIY Rapunzel Dress Tutorial
- DIY Batman Costume Tutorial
- DIY Wall-E tutorial
- DIY Pizza Chef's Hat Tutorial
- DIY Pirate Eye Patch Tutorial
- Handmade Costume Series: DIY Conductor's Hat Pattern
- Handmade Costumes: A Series
- DIY Karate Kid Headband (hachimaki) Tutorial
- Handmade Dress Up Series: DIY Silk Butterfly Wings Tutorial
- DIY Superhero Cuffs Tutorial
- DIY Bat Mask Tutorial
- DIY Viking Helmet Tutorial
- DIY Pillowcase R2D2 Costume Tutorial
- DIY Baby Yoda Costume Tutorial
- DIY Potato Head Costume Tutorial
- DIY No Sew Cape Tutorial
- Handmade Dress Up Series: DIY Belle Princess Dress Costume Tutorial
Leave a Comment