Sew an easy DIY Olivia costume with this easy tutorial. Your little reader will love this cute pig costume.
This original costume tutorial was written by Kara from Mine for the Making. Kara originally made this costume for her daughter in 2012.
Are you familiar with the adorable children’s book, “Olivia”?
Olivia is a character from children’s literature and she even has her own show on Nick Jr. Olivia is adventurous, unique, loud, fun, silly, imaginative, creative little pig… In her series of books Olivia takes on many different adventures. This cute little costume is Ballet Olivia.
If you love this cute Olivia costume check out this adorable Piglet Costume Tutorial and Free Pattern.
Ears: felt, pipe cleaner, headband, red bows, stuffing, hot glue and glue gun.
Shirt: red shirt, freezer paper and white fabric paint.
Tutu: Red tulle, 1-inch elastic.
Shoes: Use red shoes or spray paint an old pair, red ribbon.
I made the ears using felt. I added a pipe cleaner to the inside to keep the form and then a bit of stuffing. I added the red bows and secured the ears to the headband. No sewing…hot glue.
I bought the red shirt for under $4 at Walmart and added OLIVIA with a freezer paper stencil and white fabric paint. (I also added silver glitter paint to the letters)
I made the tutu with red ribbon and tulle. Very simple. Again, no sewing. Just cutting and tying just like in this Peacock Tutu.
Don’t miss the cutest little costume ever! This DIY Peacock Tutu is easy to make and will impress everyone.
These were old shoes white shoes of my daughter’s and I spray painted them red and then I added red glitter with Mod Podge. I sealed the shoes with a clear coat and hot glued ribbon to the inside to lace up the legs.
I was going to make her a trick-or-treat bag, but she insisted on taking my old bag. My mom’s friend made it for me when I was 5 years old. It’s in great shape, so I couldn’t argue with her on taking it : )
More Costume Tutorials
- Crochet Monster Hat Tutorial
- DIY Fox Costume Ideas and Tutorials for Halloween (2023)
- Dino Tail Tutorial (Dragon Tail)
- DIY Piglet Costume Tutorial & Free Pattern
- Ladybug Costume Tutorial
- Most Popular Costumes in 2020 and How to Make Them
- How to make a Hashtag Costume
- No Sew DIY Fairy Wings
- Easy DIY Fairy Wand Tutorial
- DIY “The Birds” Costume Tutorial
- 21 Crafty Halloween Costume Tutorials
- DIY Upside Down Costume Tutorial
- DIY Tutu Costume Tutorials
- Frozen’s Elsa Dress Tutorials (Ice Queen)
- Harry Potter Costume Tutorials
- 33 boy costume tutorials you MUST see
- DIY Dog Costume: Superhero Cape
- 75 Easy DIY Costume Ideas and Tutorials to Make for Halloween
- Easy DIY Fish Costume Tutorials and Ideas
- DIY Stick Figure Costume
- DIY Felt Witch Hat Tutorial (Sew or No Sew)
- Simple DIY Halloween Treat Bag Tutorial For Any Costume
- 10 DIY Minecraft Costume Tutorial and Ideas
- DIY Jessie Costume Tutorial (Toy Story)
- DIY Fancy Nancy Costume Tutorial
- 2 Ways To Make DIY Lego Costumes
- DIY Luke Skywalker Star Wars Costume Ideas
- Handmade Costumes: DIY Incredibles Costume Tutorial for the whole family!
- Handmade Costumes: DIY Giant Lollipop Prop Tutorial
- DIY Baby Dinosaur Costume Tutorial
- DIY Ladybug Baby Carrier Costume
- DIY Nacho Libre Mask and Costume Tutorial
- DIY Dorothy Costume
- DIY Dwarf & Gnome Costume Tutorial
- DIY Bumble Bee Costume Tutorial
- Handmade Costume Series: DIY Princess Jasmine Costume Tutorial
- DIY Garden Gnome Hat
- DIY Nesting Dolls Costume Tutorial
- DIY “No David” Costume Tutorial
- DIY Jailbird Costume Tutorial
- Handmade Costume Series: DIY Barbie Peaches n’ Cream Costume Tutorial
- Handmade Costume Series: DIY “Going Batty” Headband Tutorial
- DIY No-Sew Ninja Costume Tutorial
- Family DIY Alice in Wonderland Costume Tutorials
- DIY Baby Hedgehog Costume Tutorial
- DIY Cowboy Costume Tutorial (chaps!)
- Handmade Costume Series: DIY Owl Costume Tutorial (cape & mask!)
- DIY Twirly Butterfly Skirt
- DIY Caveman Costume Tutorial
- DIY Elephant Costume Tutorial (includes tusks!)
- Handmade Costumes: DIY Rain Cloud Tutorial
- DIY Rapunzel Dress Tutorial
- DIY Batman Costume Tutorial
- DIY Wall-E tutorial
- DIY Pizza Chef’s Hat Tutorial
- DIY Pirate Eye Patch Tutorial
- Handmade Costumes: A Series
- DIY Peacock Costume Tutu Tutorial
- DIY Karate Kid Headband (hachimaki) Tutorial
- Silk DIY Butterfly Wings
- DIY Superhero Cuffs Tutorial
- DIY Bat Mask Tutorial
- DIY Viking Helmet Tutorial
- DIY Pillowcase R2D2 Costume Tutorial
- DIY Baby Yoda Costume Tutorial
- DIY Potato Head Costume Tutorial
- DIY Cape Tutorial (No Sew)
- Handmade Dress Up Series: DIY Belle Princess Dress Costume Tutorial