When it's time for Halloween and you need a little costume for your Precious Piglet, look no further. This do-it-yourself (DIY) Piglet costume tutorial and free pattern will help you sew the cute little piglet hat. This cute pig costume will fit a toddler aged child as they waddle through the hundred acre wood.
This adorable DIY Piglet costume (from Winnie the Pooh) is shared with us by Melissa from Melly Sews. This Piglet costume comes with a free tutorial and sewing pattern.
How To Make Shredded Chicken In The Crockpot:
Place 4 chicken breasts and a cup of chicken stock into your Crockpot or slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours. Shred the chicken when you're ready to use it for your enchiladas.
I'm a sucker for themed costumes, as you can see from last year's costumes. This year since I have a niece and they live only two miles away, my sister-in-law and I planned a Winnie the Pooh theme. Today I'm going to show you how I made her Piglet hood. Pair it with a Rabbit costume and a Tigger costume if you have a few kids. This would make a fun family costume idea.
- The pattern (click the link and request access)
- ⅓ yd of light pink fleece fabric
- ⅛ yd of dark pink fleece fabric
- Optional - interfacing for ears
- Tiny scraps of black fleece or felt
Optional: You could also use a heavy pink felt fabric instead of fleece.
PRINT: First, print the pattern. You'll need to print all 3 pages - 2 print landscape and 1 prints portrait. Make SURE scaling is set to NONE and auto-rotate and center is checked. Assembly instructions print on page 1.
STEP 1: Cut out your pieces according to the pattern.
STEP 2: This pattern fits head size 18-20 inches using ½" seams. You could probably make it fit an even bigger head by using smaller seam allowances.
STEP 3: Assemble your ears like so, sandwiching the interfacing between the outer and inner ear if desired.
STEP 4: Stitch around the edge of the inner ear. Pinch the bottom of the ear and baste to make it more "ear-shaped".
STEP 5: Position the ear in the bigger dart of the side piece. Stitch the dart closed.
STEP 6: Match the notch at the front of the top piece to the notch on the side piece, and curve the top piece as you pin it to the side piece. Stitch both side pieces to the top piece. Trim off any edges that stick out weird around the face.
STEP 7: Cut the fleece on the long side extension into three strands.
STEP 8: Braid the fleece strands.
STEP 9: Overlap the bottom of the strands and stitch in place, backstitching a few times.
STEP 10: Sew (or hot glue - I did) the face onto the hat as shown.
Put it on your adorable Piglet and tie the straps under the chin. Adorable! Fleece won't unravel so this costume will last a long time! Pair this with some pink accessories and clothes for a full costume.
More Costume Tutorials
- Fox Costume Tutorials (2022)
- Dino Tail Tutorial (Dragon Tail)
- Halloween Treat Bag Tutorial
- Handmade Costumes: DIY Olivia Costume Tutorial
- Ladybug Costume Tutorial
- DIY Peacock Costume Tutu Tutorial
- Most Popular Costumes in 2020 and How to Make Them
- How to make a Hashtag Costume
- DIY Upside Down Person Tutorial
- DIY No Sew Iridescent Fairy Wings Tutorial
- DIY Fairy Wand Tutorial
- Handmade Costume Series: DIY "The Birds" Costume Tutorial
- 30 Kids' Halloween Costumes to Buy
- Last Minute Costumes for the Social Media Lover!
- No Sew Halloween Costumes
- DIY Halloween Costume Tutorials
- 5 Funny Family Halloween Costumes
- DIY Tutu Costume Tutorials
- Frozen's Elsa Dress Tutorials (Ice Queen)
- Harry Potter Costume Tutorials
- Disney princess hair tutorials
- 33 boy costume tutorials you MUST see
- Last minute dog costume
- GTP Tour: Rae Gun Ramblings
- How to make a Fancy Ladybug Costume
- 75+ DIY Halloween Costume Tutorials Roundup
- Handmade Costume Series: DIY Fish Costume Tutorial
- Handmade Costume Series: DIY Stick Man Tutorial
- Handmade Costume Series: DIY Witch Hat Tutorial
- DIY Almost No Sew T-Shirt Superhero Cape Tutorial
- Handmade Dress Up: DIY Minecraft costume tutorial
- Handmade Costume Series: DIY Jesse Costume Tutorial (Toy Story)
- Handmade Costume Series: Fancy Nancy Costume Tutorial
- Handmade Costume Series: Bob's Big Boy costume tutorial
- Handmade Costume Series: DIY Fairy to Flamingo costume tutorial
- Handmade Costume Series: DIY Mini Top Hat Headband Tutorial
- DIY Cat Mask Tutorial
- DIY Lego Costume Tutorial
- Luke Skywalker costume tutorial
- Handmade Costume Series: Pumpkin Witchy Dress
- Handmade Costumes: DIY Incredibles Costume Tutorial for the whole family!
- Handmade Costumes: DIY Giant Lollipop Prop Tutorial
- DIY Baby Dinosaur Costume Tutorial
- Handmade Costumes: DIY Ladybug Baby Carrier Slipcover Tutorial
- DIY Nacho Libre Costume Tutorial
- DIY Dorothy Costume Tutorial
- DIY Dwarf & Gnome Costume Tutorial
- DIY Bumble Bee Costume Tutorial
- Handmade Costume Series: DIY Princess Jasmine Costume Tutorial
- Handmade Costume Series: DIY Garden Gnome Hat Tutorial
- Handmade Costume Series: DIY Nesting Dolls Costumes Tutorial
- DIY "No David" Costume Tutorial
- DIY Jailbird Costume Tutorial
- Handmade Costume Series: DIY Barbie Peaches n' Cream Costume Tutorial
- Handmade Costume Series: DIY "Going Batty" Headband Tutorial
- DIY No-Sew Ninja Costume Tutorial
- Handmade Costume Series: DIY Alice in Wonderland Costume tutorials
- DIY Baby Hedgehog Costume Tutorial
- DIY Cowboy Costume Tutorial (chaps!)
- Handmade Costume Series: DIY Owl Costume Tutorial (cape & mask!)
- Handmade Costume Series: Ruffleump Dress
- Handmade Costume Series: DIY Twirly Butterfly Skirt Tutorial
- DIY Caveman Costume Tutorial
- DIY Elephant Costume Tutorial (includes tusks!)
- Handmade Costumes: DIY Rain Cloud Tutorial
- DIY Rapunzel Dress Tutorial
- DIY Batman Costume Tutorial
- DIY Wall-E tutorial
- DIY Pizza Chef's Hat Tutorial
- DIY Pirate Eye Patch Tutorial
- Handmade Costume Series: DIY Conductor's Hat Pattern
- Handmade Costume Series: DIY Mermaid
- Handmade Costume Series: DIY Animal Ears Tutorial
- Handmade Costumes: A Series
- My ladybug costume
- How to make a duckling costume
- DIY Karate Kid Headband (hachimaki) Tutorial
- Handmade Dress Up Series: DIY Word Girl Costume Tutorial
- DIY Mary Poppins Costume Tutorial
- Handmade Dress Up Series: DIY Silk Butterfly Wings Tutorial
- Handmade Dress Up: DIY Scrappy Boa Tutorial
- DIY Superhero Cuffs Tutorial
- Handmade Dress Up: DIY Princess Costume Set Tutorial
- Handmade Dress Up: DIY Mini Mouse Dress Up Costume Tutorial
- DIY Bat Mask Tutorial
- Handmade Dress Up Series: DIY Modern Madeline Costume Tutorial
- Crochet Monster Hat Tutorial
- DIY Viking Helmet Tutorial
- DIY Pillowcase R2D2 Costume Tutorial
- DIY Baby Yoda Costume Tutorial
- Handmade Dress Up Series: DIY Jimmy Giggle Mobile Tutorial
- Handmade Dress Up Series: DIY Ruffle TeePee Tutorial
- Handmade Dress Up: DIY Very Quick Ladybug Wings Tutorial
- DIY IPhone/IPod Costume Tutorial
- Handmade Dress Up: DIY Tinkerbell Costume Tutorial
- DIY Potato Head Costume Tutorial
- DIY Woodland Creature Masks Tutorial
- DIY No Sew Cape Tutorial
- Handmade Dress Up Series: DIY Belle Princess Dress Costume Tutorial
- Easy Halloween Costumes?