Whip up a 15 minute no bake dessert in a jar! Perfect for a nutella-loving household who love cheesecake and the Nutella flavor. Use simple ingredients to make a yummy no bake Nutella Oreo cheesecake in a jar. Eat this creamy cheesecake right away with a spoon or make ahead to serve later. This is a great make-ahead dessert.
If you love the idea of parfaits or cheesecake jars, try this No Bake Oreo Cheesecake Jar or one of the other no bake cheesecake recipes below.
Serve a no-bake Nutella cheesecake jar recipe at any time! They’re great on a hot summer day or as a sweet treat at a dinner party. I love that they are individual servings, which makes them cute and easy to serve. They’re always a huge hit! You could make a variety of flavors, including a No Bake Oreo Cheesecake Parfait in a Jar.
Why You’ll Love This No Bake Nutella Cheesecake Recipe
PROS: These No-Bake Cheesecake Jars are incredibly quick and easy to make and we love how they do not require any baking! The thick and creamy filling is wonderful partner to the buttery cookie base. Once you know the base recipe it’s easy to switch up the flavors. It’s a good thing they are an individual serving because you won’t want to share!
CONS: There aren’t many cons. These take just 15 minutes to make and are delicious! However, single serve Nutella cheesecake jars mean more dishes to clean up.
WOULD I MAKE THIS AGAIN? Yes!
METHOD: No Cook
Ingredients and Substitutions
Full printable Nutella Oreo No Bake Cheesecake ingredients list and instructions are in the recipe card below. Note that for this Nutella cheesecake in a jar no gelatin is used!
- Oreos: Use original Oreos as the crushed Oreos crust base. You can also use any other brand of chocolate sandwich cookies.
- Butter: Salted or unsalted butter will work in this recipe.
- Cream Cheese: We recommend you use full fat blocks of cream cheese (we used Philadelphia) for the best flavor. However, as mentioned the easy nutella cheesecake in a jar doesn’t need to be set. For this type of no-bake cheesecake you can substitute for low fat cream cheese without any issues.
- Sugar: Powdered sugar (confectioners sugar) is used to sweeten the cheesecake base. It is preferred because it blends easily and will not leave a gritty texture.
- Vanilla: Vanilla extract is preferred over vanilla flavoring.
- Heavy Cream: You will use some heavy cream in the Nutella cheesecake mixture and some will be used as the whipped topping on top of the quick no-bake Nutella cheesecake dessert. The heavy cream can be substituted for double cream or heavy whipping cream.
- Nutella: Make your own healthy chocolate hazelnut Nutella spread or use a store-bought jar of Nutella.
- Chocolate: As an option, you can use finely chopped semi-sweet chocolate as a decoration on top of your Nutella no-bake cheesecake parfait.
Gluten Free Option
Substitutions: The only substitution necessary to make gluten-free Nutella cheesecake jars is to use gluten free Oreos rather than original oreos.
Make in a Gluten Free Kitchen: Ensuring a kitchen is gluten-free before baking, especially to accommodate celiac disease or gluten sensitivity, involves careful preparation and attention to detail. Wipe down all surfaces, including countertops, stovetops, and tables, with a safe cleaning solution. Wash all utensils, baking tools, and pans thoroughly with soap and water. Consider using a dishwasher for a thorough clean. Keep gluten-free ingredients and foods in separate, clearly labeled containers or shelves to avoid mixing with gluten-containing items.
No Bake Cheesecake Jar Variations
If you love these no-bake Nutella dessert jars, try these other recipes! I’m not usually a banana cheesecake fan but I LOVE the banana cheesecake version. And you can’t miss with peanut butter cheesecake!
Oreo Cheesecake Jars: This no-bake Oreo cheesecake parfait in a jar is an easy recipe that combines creamy Oreo cheesecake filling and crushed cookies.
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Jars: Layers of silky peanut butter cheesecake, whipped cream and buttery, golden graham cracker crumbs make this fabulous, no bake summer dessert.
Banana Cheesecake Jars: Make a no bake banana pudding with cream cheese. This light and fluffy banana cheesecake pudding parfait is layered with banana pudding, banana slices, whipped cream and Nilla wafers.
Step-by-Step Photo Instructions
Full step-by-step Nutella Oreo Cheesecake Jars instructions are in the recipe card below. You can print or save to Pinterest for later.
Crush Oreos for Oreo Crust
Put 16 Oreos into food processor. Pulse the Oreos until they become Oreo crumbs. Alternatively, add them to a ziplock bag and bash them up with a rolling pin until you have fine crumbs.
Combine Oreos and Butter
Add ¼ cup melted butter and blitz again until combined. Set oreo cookie crust crumbles aside.
Combine Cream Cheese Mixture
Mix 16 ounces of softened cream cheese, ¾ cup powdered sugar and 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract into a large mixing bowl. Using an handheld electric mixer or stand mixer with either the paddle attachment or whisk attachment. Beat briefly until the cream cheese and powdered sugar are combined. Use a low-speed setting to begin to prevent messes. Set aside.
Make Whipped Cream
In a separate bowl, add 2 cups heavy cream and whisk on medium speed until stiff peaks. Don’t wash the bowl or whisk as you will need it again!
Combine Nutella Cheesecake Filling
Add the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture in the large bowl and fold together gently using a spatula. Add the ¾ cup of Nutella to the cheesecake filling and fold together gently to combine. If using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer, use on the lowest speed so the Nutella mixture isn’t overmixed.
Layer Cheesecake Jars
Add two heaped tablespoons of Oreo crumb mixture to each jar. Pack down so that the crushed Oreo crumbs are in an even layer. Transfer the cheesecake mixture to a piping bag. Snip the end off with scissors then pipe the cheesecake mixture into the jars.
You can cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 3 days at this point or decorate and serve. Do not top with the whipped cream until you’re ready to serve. Make ahead Nutella cheesecake jars taste best when you add the top layer right before serving. You could use canned whipped cream to top, for ease.
Finish Cheesecake Jars
Once you are ready to serve, add the remaining one cup of heavy cream to the mixing bowl and whisk until soft peaks. Don’t over whisk. Transfer the softly whipped cream to a piping bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe a cream swirl on top of each cheesecake jar. Sprinkle the finely chopped semi-sweet chocolate on top of the whipped cream.
How To Serve Parfait Style
Need more no-bake Nutella jar cheesecake ideas? Try making a parfait style cheesecake in a jar. This yummy layered dessert makes an especially beautiful presentation. Make it a Nutella cheesecake mason jar recipe (i.e. a portable Nutella cheesecake recipe) by using a mason jar with a lid. Or use a hurricane glass and make a large parfait.
- Start with a Layer of Oreos: Begin by spooning a small layer of oreo mixture into the bottom of a glass or jar. This forms the base of your parfait.
- Add a Layer of Nutella Cheesecake: On top of the Oreos, add a layer of your cheesecake mixture.
- Add Whipped Cream: Add a thin layer of whipped cream.
- Repeat Layers: Repeat the layering process (Oreo, cheesecake, whipped cream) until the glass or jar is nearly full. The number of layers will depend on the size of your container and your preferences.
- Top It Off: Finish your parfait with a final layer of whipped cream. Sprinkle chocolate shavings or sprinkles on top.
Now you have no-bake layered Nutella cheesecake jars you can serve immediately or chill for a few hours.
More No Bake Desserts with Oreos
Love a no bake recipe and Oreo cookies? Try one of these!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here are some of your DIY no-bake Nutella cheesecake in a jar questions answered. Have more questions? Leave a comment below.
We recommend you use full fat blocks of cream cheese (we used Philadelphia) for the best flavor. However, as mentioned the cheesecake is contained in the jar and doesn’t need to be set. For this type of no-bake cheesecake you can substitute for low fat cream cheese without any issues.
We used heavy cream in this recipe this can be substituted for double cream or whipping cream. You can also use thawed frozen whipped topping (like Cool Whip). You will need two 8 ounce tubs for the cheesecake filling and one 8 ounce tub for the topping.
Since these cheesecakes are being served in jars they don’t require any setting time. They are super easy to make ahead and will firm up on refrigeration.
No-Bake Cheesecake Jars will keep really well for 3 days in the refrigerator. We recommend not adding the topping/decoration until you intend to serve them.
No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake Parfait Jars Recipe
- 16 Oreos original or gluten-free
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 2 8 oz cream cheese blocks softened
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¾ cup Nutella make your own for a healthier option
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 square semi-sweet chocolate very finely chopped
- Blitz the Oreos in a food processor until crumbs (or add them to a ziplock bag and bash them up with a rolling pin).
- Add the melted butter and blitz again until combined.
- Add two heaped tablespoons of Oreo crumbs to each jar. Pack down so that the crumbs are in an even layer. Set aside.
- Put the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract into a large mixing bowl. Beat briefly until the cream cheese and powdered sugar are combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the heavy cream and whisk until stiff peaks. Don’t wash the bowl or whisk as you will need it again!
- Add the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture and fold together gently using a spatula.
- Add the ¾ cup of Nutella to the cheesecake filling and fold together gently to combine.
- Transfer the cheesecake mixture to a piping bag. Snip the end off with scissors then pipe the cheesecake mixture into the jars.
- Add the cup of heavy cream to the mixing bowl and whisk until soft peaks. Don’t over whisk. Transfer the softly whipped cream to a piping bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe a cream swirl on top of each cheesecake jar.
- Sprinkle over the finely chopped chocolate.