Looking for a fun, budget friendly way to celebrate Mom this Mother's Day, that will make her feel special and loved? Show her how much you love her, with a custom Mother's Day Cake Photo Bunting! This creative handmade cake will have her smiling from ear to ear, as the most precious kids in the world smile back at her from above. Its easy to make, and even more fun to eat.
Mother's Day Cake Photo Bunting DIY.
- Photos of your kids (for a fun twist, snap pics of them holding the letters 'M' 'O' 'M')
- Decorative straws
- Baked cake
- Using scissors, cut around your child leaving a ⅛" edge all around.
- Repeat for all children, or one child on multiple photos :).
- Cut a piece of ribbon or string approximately 18-20" long. Using a piece of tape, secure a photo to the center of the ribbon on the back of the photo.
- Repeat for all photos in a nice straight line. (*Please note, the more kids you have, the smaller the photos will have to be!)
- Tie the ends of the ribbon to the top of your decorative straw, and secure with a piece of tape so that it doesn't slip. Cut any excess ribbon ends.
- Repeat for both sides.
- Stick bottom of straws in the finished cake, and you are done!
Photographs are made of paper. Please use caution if you plan on lighting candles.
Have fun with it. Make a cake photo bunting for Mother's Day, Father's Day, Grandparent's Day, or any old day of the week! It brings cake customization to the next level.