These quick cheesy garlic rolls with bacon are a quick dinner roll recipe you’ll want to make again and again. They’re made with refrigerated Pillsbury crescent dough and rolled with seasonings, cheese, butter and bacon (optional). Easy garlic rolls pair perfectly with most meals. Cheesy garlic bread is always good!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Flavor: Cheesy garlic rolls are delicious on their own but this roll has some hidden bacon! You can omit the bacon or keep it if you love bacon on your crescent dinner rolls like I do. Adjust the amount of seasoning and cheese in these garlic knots to your taste.
- Time: Prep time takes only 5 minutes! Baking time is 10 minutes.
- Equipment: No special equipment required.
- No Yeast!
Ingredient amounts and instructions for these cheese rolls are in the recipe card below.
- Crescent Roll Dough: Find pre-made crescent dough in the refrigerator section at your grocery store.
- Salted Butter: Use melted butter.
- Parmesan Cheese: Fresh grated is preferred!
- Garlic powder: This is different than garlic salt.
- Italian Seasoning
- Pre-cooked Bacon: This is optional but recommended!
- Cheese: Use fresh grated parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese or your favorite cheese.
Full step-by-step instructions for the garlic cheese rolls are in the recipe card below. You can print or save to Pinterest for later.
Prep: Preheat oven to 375°F. Use a non-stick baking sheet or line a baking pan with parchment paper.
Prep Rolls: Roll your crescent dough out flat on a non-stick surface. Roll it lightly with a rolling pin to seal the perforated lines.
Brush melted butter onto the dough. Sprinkle garlic powder, Italian seasoning and parmesan all over the dough. Sprinkle with cooked bacon bits. Add as much or little as you like.
Cut into long strips, about 1.5″-2″ wide. Roll each strip of dough from each end to meet in the middle.
Flip the heart right side up and pinch the bottom to make a heart shape. Push a toothpick into the middle to make sure the heart holds together while it’s baking. If you don’t the heart might get lopsided. Sprinkle with cheese on top.
Bake: Place rolls onto a baking sheet. Space them at least 2″ apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until it’s puffed up, golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Serve cheesy garlic rolls with soup or salad or your favorite meat dish.
Frequently Asked Questions
Parmesan cheese is best on the inside of these cheesy garlic knots. We love a mixture of parmesan and mozzarella cheese on top of the rolls. A mixture of mozzarella and cheddar cheese is also great!
You can cook these heart shaped garlic rolls without a toothpick but they may not maintain their shape while cooking.
What To Serve With Cheesy Garlic Rolls
Cheesy Garlic Rolls
- 1 can refrigerator crescent dough
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 pieces bacon cooked and cut into small pieces
- ½ cup cheese Use mozzarella or cheddar
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Use a non-stick baking sheet or cover baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out crescent dough. Use a rolling pin lightly to seal perforated seams.
- Brush dough with butter.
- Sprinkle parmesan, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and bacon (optional) on dough.
- Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut dough into long strips, about 1.5" wide.
- Starting at each end, roll dough strip until it meets in the middle.
- Turn roll over and pinch the bottom to make a heart shape.
- Stick a toothpick through the dough to hold it in place while cooking.
- Place rolls on baking sheet 2" apart.
- Sprinkle the top of each roll with mozzarella or cheddar cheese.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes or until roll is puffed up, golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven. Remove toothpicks and serve while warm.