Sewing for boy {pants}

I'm still loving Handmade Beginnings: 24 Sewing Projects to Welcome Baby. After sewing the hoodie and booties I moved on to the pants.

Pants 1
The, oh so cute, pants. They are reversible and have a cute little panel on the bum.

Green pants collage
I fell in love with these fabrics. They are bold and cute and I'm hoping they look good on a little boy.

Brown pants collage
And these little ones are corduroy on one side and cotton plaid on the other. Oh, and they just might go with the booties and the hoodie.

Pants 2
The pants are the size 6-9 months. They are definitely intended to have the cuff rolled up. When it is unrolled, the pants fit my 19 month old. And she's not tiny so if you are planning to make pants just be aware that they are baggy and have the potential to grow with your child. That's a bonus in my book.

Linking HERE

Comments

1. Carla says

Those are great! Wonderful fabric choices. I wish I had this pattern when mine where babies. Thanks for sharing :o)

2. Leslie says

these are adorable. i am seeing projects about in blogland from this book and i love it. i have to go get a copy

3. Jennifer says

OH MY GOD! I want that book. These pants are FANTASTIC!!! You did an awesome job. WOW. I am seriously floored by how adorable they turned out! I have a boy AND girl on the way and I have found way more things to make for little girl than I have for little boy. These pants are incredible. I might have to try my hand at some (I’ve never made pants before… The inseam seems like such a scary task!)

4. Dayna says

I love seeing projects for boys. They seem to be the forgotten ones in the sewing realm. I need ideas for teen boys. I make everything for our girls, and virtually nothing for our boys. Bad mommy. :-)

5. Andrea's favorite brother says

He’s a boy lose the polka dots and make them bullet holes.

6. Cheryl says

Cute style & love the fabric combos. You’re making me think I need to get this book…Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday!

7. Stephanie Lynn says

These are going on my to-do! Super cute!! Thanks so much for joining the Sunday Showcase Party! I greatly appreciate it. Hope you are enjoying your week! ~ Stephanie Lynn