Love the look of plants but can't seem to keep them alive? Meet the succulent. These guys are hard to kill. They don't need much water, at all. Plus they're so pretty! The variety of succulents and cactuses make them ideal for mass groupings. Throw a bunch of different ones together and watch them form something eye catchingly beautiful! These DIY succulent and cactus gardens are great for indoors or outdoors in nice weather.
I love that you can put a bunch together for a cute display or have just one and it looks just as nice. These are really cute on a bookshelf or desk. I've found a lot of DIY ideas for succulents that would work in most homes.
Looking for live succulents? You can buy them online if you can't find them locally.
Inspiring DIY Succulent and Cactus Gardens
- Succulent Wreath Tutorial // AndreasNotebook - YES! This is my favorite!
- Lace Flower Pots // A Beautiful Mess - What an easy way to make a big difference on a plain terra cotta pot. There are so many variations of lace there's surely some that looks good with your decor. You could even use the lace as a stencil and paint then remove the lace for a different look.
- Blue Dish Succulents // From Ezter With Love - These may be my favorite!
- Kitchen Succulents // Young Austinian - That little cast iron pan is cute!
- Vertical Pallet Garden // Anythingology - Pallets are an easy and cheap way to display succulents.
- Bowl Garden // Blondilocks - Choose a bowl you love. This is a cute idea for the kitchen.
- Succulent Bookends // Country Living - Perfect for a bookshelf!
- Wood Based Terrariums // Project Wedding - You could paint the wood or stain it. There are a lot of ways to make this match your home.
Looking for more great plant ideas and tutorials?
- Repurpose a colander as a hanging planter
- Geometric hanging succulent planter
- 24 ways to hang plants on a wall