Vinegar has so many uses beyond cleaning your floors! I've found 50 great recipes and tutorials for using vinegar. From using vinegar in daily life to a spray for gnats, vinegar uses for laundry to uses for vinegar in food there is surely something here you'll find useful!
Many Uses For Vinegar
Cleaning with vinegar: Learn how to clean everything with vinegar from your washing machine, to drains, to mirrors and even your dishes.
Make fluffier pancakes: Use vinegar in this pancake recipe. Learn how to substitute vinegar into your recipe.
Uses for Vinegar on Wood
Uses for Vinegar in Cleaning
You can use vinegar to clean almost anything. There are many uses for vinegar in daily life. From disinfecting cutting boards to removing wax and even whitening your tile grout. And don't forget to clean your coffee maker because those can get gross!
- Make all purpose cleaners
- Clean dirt off your computer and mouse with a little vinegar and a q tip
- Clean your drains with vinegar and baking soda
- Wipe away mildew
- Clean and polish chrome and stainless steel
- Remove stickers and price tags
- Disinfect cutting boards
- Remove carpet stains
- Remove candle wax
- Wash out your washing machine and dishwasher
- Wash away mildew from your shower curtain
- Put the sparkle back in your china
- Remove mineral deposits from shower heads
- Clean a coffee maker
- Remove stains from pots and pans
- Clean your toothbrushes
- Clean cloths and sponges
- Clear a clogged drain
- Clean counter tops
- Clean the refrigerator
- Whiten your grout
- Clean and disinfect baby toys
- Get rid of stubborn bathtub residue
- Treat stained and smelly Tupperware with vinegar
- Freshen your kitchen
Uses for Vinegar on Food
Balsamic vinegar and red wine vinegar are most often used in recipes. But there are more ways to use vinegar on food including washing your food and making a buttermilk substitute. See my favorite uses for vinegar on food.
- Use as a fruit wash-rinses away germs
- Make the perfect hard boiled eggs
- Make fluffy pancakes
- Trap fruit flies
- Make dairy free sour cream
- Grill fruit on the barbecue
- Make a salad dressing
These are all new to me! I didn't know you could use vinegar to heal so many things. The uses for vinegar in daily life, like in relieving a sunburn or softening cuticles are endless. Here are some of my favorites.
- Help bruises heal faster by applying a little vinegar
- Soothe a sore throat
- Soften your cuticles
- Use apple cider vinegar on your face
- Treat a bee sting with vinegar
- Relieve sunburn by lightly rubbing it with vinegar
- Test your soil's PH
- Keep pests out of the garden
- Kill weeds in the yard
- Spray vinegar to keep ants away
- Spray for gnats
Vinegar Uses for Laundry
There are many vinegar uses for laundry including cleaning off stubborn stains. And don't forget you can clean your washing machine with vinegar as well.
- Erase scorch marks on linen or cotton
- Unset old stains
- Soak out blood stains
- Erase ballpoint-pen marks
- Erase crayon marks from clothes
Various DIY Projects
How do you use vinegar in your daily life? If you're going to try just a few of these I'll recommend the spray for gnats, vinegar uses for laundry, using vinegar in food and as your favorite cleaning solution.