BBQ Chicken & Pineapple Kabobs – Score some points with the family with this super easy grilled BBQ Chicken and Pineapple recipe.
Oh how I love summer time and easy recipes that you can throw on the grill. I earned some major bonus points for dinner tonight! My husband loves grilled pineapple. It ranks in his top ten favorite foods. Juicy grilled pineapple compliment the tender and sweet barbecue chicken! The flavor is out of this world!
The sauce can be whipped up in just a couple minutes. It’s sweet with a little ginger and garlic to spice things up! Then just throw the chicken, pineapple and onion onto the skewer and grill ’em all up!
Serve it all up with a big bowl of rice and a side of salad or veggies and you’ll have one happy family!
- 2 chicken breasts cubed
- 1 pineapple cubed
- 1 red onion cubed
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2-1 tsp salt, to taste
- Cube chicken, pineapple and onion.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients and whisk until fully combined. Set aside about 1/3 cup to pour over grilled skewers. Place the cubed chicken in the remaining sauce and cover completely.
- Thread the chicken, pineapple and onion chunks onto skewers and place on the grill for 10-15 minutes, on until fully cooked. Rotate the skewers as needed.
- Take the remaining sauce and drizzle over chicken skewers.
- Serve with rice and lettuce.