It's time to fire up the grill! Have you ever cooked chicken kabobs on the grill or had grilled pineapple? You're in for a treat. These chicken pineapple kabobs are sweet and savory. Delicious BBQ chicken skewers with sweet and sour pineapple covered in an amazing barbecue sauce.
These take 10 minutes to prep and 15 minutes to grill. The BBQ chicken skewers with pineapple (chicken pineapple kabobs) are perfect for a busy spring or summer night.
Serve the BBQ Chicken Skewers With These:
- Copycat rice-a-roni recipe (rice pilaf): This is a family favorite!
- Mashed potatoes: my favorite recipe!
- Lion House Rolls: These are, of course, delicious!
The chicken pineapple kabobs sauce can be whipped up in just a couple minutes. It's sweet with a little ginger and garlic to spice things up! Then just throw the chicken, pineapple and onion onto the skewer and grill 'em all up! They're the perfect summer recipe.
Grilled Pineapple and BBQ Chicken Skewers Ingredients
- chicken breasts: Use fresh or frozen chicken breasts. Make sure they're fully defrosted before you grill so they cook up evenly.
- pineapple: Use fresh pineapple!
- red onion: Fresh is best!
- store bought barbecue sauce: Use your favorite barbecue sauce. We'll spice it up with the rest of the ingredients.
- garlic: Use either fresh or the minced kind you can buy in a jar.
- ginger paste: Buy the paste in produce section of your grocer.
- Worcestershire sauce
- pineapple juice: Buy canned pineapple juice or use the juice of a fresh pineapple.
- rice vinegar
- brown sugar
Enjoy the recipe! If you make these please leave a comment or a star review. That helps other people know whether or not to make the recipe. If you're looking for more quick meals you'll enjoy these.
- 2 chicken breasts (cubed)
- 1 pineapple (cubed)
- 1 medium red onion (cubed)
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tsp garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt (to taste)
- Cube chicken, pineapple and onion.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients and whisk until fully combined. Set aside about ⅓ cup to pour over grilled skewers. Place the cubed chicken in the remaining sauce and cover completely.
- Thread the chicken, pineapple and onion chunks onto skewers and place on the grill for 10-15 minutes, on until fully cooked. Rotate the skewers as needed.
- Take the remaining sauce and drizzle over chicken skewers.
- Serve with rice and lettuce.