This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of KC Masterpiece. The opinions and text are all mine.
I made chicken the other day and my meat connoisseur daughter said, “This is the best chicken I’ve ever had!” I stopped dead in my tracks and asked her if she was serious. With big eyes she asked if she could eat it all. So I dropped what I was doing and tried some myself. She wasn’t wrong! This is really good. If you’re into chicken and barbecue and lime you’ll love this barbecue cilantro lime chicken recipe.
I don’t cook a lot of chicken because I hate dry, bland chicken. If I cook chicken it’s usually for enchiladas or tacos so it’s shredded and moist. But I usually only bake chicken if I’m out of ideas. I can tell you now, I’ll be doing this again and again.
Oh yeah, there’s butter in this recipe too. Because butter makes everything better. Of course, you could leave the butter off, if you’re trying to cut calories. But I can’t guarantee it will still be the best chicken ever. It might be the second best chicken ever.
The not-so-secret ingredient is the K.C. Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub. I had never used it before and was pleasantly surprised that it is gluten free so my daughter with Celiac disease could eat this too. For those of you interested, there are no allergens listed on the box either.
You can use it as a dry rub or mix it with your favorite liquids to make a marinade. I wanted to try bourbon but the only bourbon we had was a bit too good to mix with BBQ rub. And I’m so glad I was forced to go a different way because lime was the answer.
- 1 package of KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup lime juice + 1 Tbsp. (about 2 limes)
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Mix the rub, 1/4 cup lime juice and water together. Pour over the chicken and marinade in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Mix 2 Tbsp. of softened butter, 1 Tbsp. lime, and cilantro together. Place in refrigerator.
- Place chicken in a lightly greased baking dish and cook in oven. Which chicken is in oven, heat up a large skillet on medium heat. Cook chicken in oven for 15-18 minutes, until chicken is about 155°.
- Add 1 Tbsp. of butter and 1 Tbsp. of olive oil to hot pan. Transfer chicken to hot pan to finish cooking. About 2 minutes on each side. Chicken should be 165°. Transfer to cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Top each breast with a little cilantro lime butter.
- Dice the chicken and add to a salad
- Serve with roasted asparagus and a side salad
- Serve with cilantro lime rice, beans and warm tortillas
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of KC Masterpiece. The opinions and text are all mine. Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.