Problem Solving {hooded beach towel backpack tutorial}

Welcome to The Train To Crazy! If you find this tutorial useful I hope you'll subscribe, follow me on twitter, facebook or Google+! Don't forget to check out Make It Wear It, the weekly blog party to showcase all those clothing items and accessories you've been making.

Our weather has cooled off a bit lately. We still brave the beach. It doesn't bother us northerners.

Backpacks 1
Couldn't be cuter, right? And how about those backpacks? That's right, a hooded towel that folds up into a neat little backpack. This has solved my problem. My main problem. You know, the one where I don't have 3 sets of hands to carry things and children.

Backpacks 2
Even the baby gets her own. It is lightweight enough for her to wear it comfortably. In fact, she doesn't just wear it to the beach. It's now an accessory…

Backpacks 3
It's important to snuggle up in a warm towel when you are at the beach on a less than hot day in June.

Backpacks 5
And once at the beach…

Beach
… we played in the sand. Because playing in the water on a less than hot day in June isn't as much fun as we'd like.

Want to make your own Hooded Beach Towel Backpack? I've made a tutorial so you can whip up a few. Enjoy!

Backpack tutorial button full size

You might also find some of my other tutorials useful! Check them out!

Comments

This are genius! I have a toddler who this would be perfect for. I can’t wait to use the tutorial and make on for our upcoming beach vacations. Such a great idea. :)

This is such a good tutorial for that I HOPE you’ll get yourself a link from our blog to this tutorial by using our DIY / Craft Tutorial Linky Party (PR 3-4 site, http://www.finecraftguild.com/diy-linky-party-free-pillow-crochet-pattern/ )
    We’ve only just began this linky party series, but it’s going to be every Wednesday, from now on.
    We’ll leave this first linky party open for a whole week, and will probably continue till all the good tutorial writers/creative talents know where to go on EVERY WEDNESDAY.
    Hope to see you on the FCG blog!
    BTW If you hop over to the blog today, you can put your name in the hat for a $50 Lisa Leonard jewelry gift certificate. Who knows…maybe you’ll win. Her jewels are gorgeous and unique to you, the wearer as they are all customized.

Thanks for sharing your awesome project! I love it! I would love to make it! Your blog is wonderful!
    Come join the fun! I’m celebrating sweet treats on my blog!
    Have a great weekend!
    Love, Brenda

Okay, that picture of them from behind and your baby in that cute suit with the ruffles….are you kidding me?!? Ridiculously cute!

I’m featuring this at Life As Lori during my Get Your Craft on Thursday party… If you would like to stop by and grab my I was featured button please do so!

What a fabulous idea! These are super cute and I love that the little ones can carry it themself. Very creative – TFS. Visiting from TT. Hope you are enjoying your week! ~Stephanie Lynn

This is a wonderful idea. I have a small daycare and I bet the kids would love these and it sure would make our trip to the lake easier on me.
    Thank you so much for sharing. I’m off to check out your tute.
    I’m subscribing to your feed. I’m not sure where I found you or how. Started at Welcome Wednesday and ended up all over and here.
    Take care and God Bless!!

These are wonderful! I am featuring them today at my blog, so head on over and grab a featured button if you would like! Thanks for linking up to Letting Your Creative Juices Flow….have a great day!

Great idea…we have a Buzz Lightyear backpack towel, but I need more…the kids love them. Thanks for linking to Tickled Pink.

This is a great idea because it’s freaking cute and super practical. Thanks for sharing with Craftastic Monday!

Bookmarking to make one for my son. Just saw some cute towels at Walmart that would be perfect!!
    Thanks so much for linking up to Pajama Party at Life In My Pjs!!
    ~Ela

Amazing job on these!!! Your girls are so cute!! And you really got super creative cute with these hooded towels!!!!! Great inspiration!

Wow, look at all those comments! I’d just love it you’d stop by my crafty linking party so I can share this with my readers next week as a feature! hope to see you there thru Tues @
    creativejewishmom.com

Thanks so much for stopping by craft schooling Sunday and sharing this, I’m going to feature you! Hope to see you again this week, would love to see what else you’ve been up to! all the best!

These are simply gorgeous! You have done an amazing job. I definitely gotta try those and will surprise my baby with that. Thanks for the tute.

16. Dorothy says

I didn’t see the free directions. I would like to make this for my grandchildren. Please send it or tell me how to find it.
    Thank you.

I can’t wait to start on one for my grandson. I can put a strap to hold his sand pail on the backpack. Thank you for the idea.

18. Paula says

Can you tell me approximately the age span these wonderful backpack towels are for? Thanks for the tutorial.