One thing I love about this time of year is all the excuses to gather with friends and have a party! My favorite thing to bring to a party is chips and dip! I especially love show stopping dips like this cheesy jalapeño dip!
I will give you fair warning…this dip is addictive! Like once you start you literally can’t stop until it’s all gone!
Or maybe that’s just me and my total lack of self control when eating delicious food. But could you resist this cheesy goodness?
Whenever I take this dip to a party I always get so many recipe requests. It’s definitely a crowd pleaser! Just last week I sat around a table with a group of girls and the six of us finished off a whole plate of dip in less than an hour… Don’t judge until you try it!
If you’ve never tried blue corn tortilla chips then you need to try them with this dip. They’re so good!
Of course, regular tortilla chips are tasty as well.
More Delicious Dip Recipes:
Hot Spinach Dip – If you haven’t tried this yet them DO IT!
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Dip – Dip strawberries, marshmallows, Kit Kats, or brownies in this!
Fun Recipe Variations
- Add Cilantro: Add a little cilantro into the dip before you bake it.
- Make it Spicier: Add a 4 oz can of diced chilis.
- Top It: When the dip comes out of the oven top it with sour cream and guacamole.
Perfect Foods to Dip In the Cheesy Jalapeño Dip
- Tortilla Chips: These are a no brainer. The salty, crunchy chip is perfect with this dip.
- Crusty Bread: Dip some crunchy french bread or baguette into the dip.
- Veggie Sticks: Slice up some carrots, celery or bell pepper sticks to dip into this cheesy dip.
So let me share this jem of a recipe with you.
- red onion
- red bell pepper
- cayenne pepper
- cream cheese
- cheddar cheese
How to Make Cheesy Jalapeño Dip
STEP 1: Melt butter in a pan on the stove over medium heat. Add red onion, bell pepper, corn and jalapeños. Sauté for a couple minutes and then add salt, garlic and cayenne.
STEP 2: Mix in the mayo and cream cheese until it is smooth.
STEP 3: Turn off the heat and add the cheese. Mix well and then pour it into a 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish. Spread out evenly over the pan.
STEP 4: Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until nice and bubbly and starting to brown at the edges.
Go ahead and pull this recipe out before you head to your next party and you’ll never be forgotten!
Or don’t even wait until party time. Make it right now for an indulging snack! You can thank me later!
Cheesy Jalapeño Dip
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/4 cup frozen corn
- 2 minced jalapeños
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic
- dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in a pan on the stove over medium heat. Add red onion, bell pepper, corn and jalapeños. Sauté for a couple minutes and then add salt, garlic and cayenne.
- Mix in the mayo and cream cheese until it is smooth.
- Turn off the heat and add the cheese. Mix well and then pour it into a 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish. Spread out evenly over the pan.
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until nice and bubbly and starting to brown at the edges.