I love the rustic and warm feeling of burlap! I knew this year that I wanted to create a beautiful burlap wreath to welcome others to our home. Now I am sharing some tips along with a burlap wreath tutorial to help you do the same!
There are so many burlap wreath tutorials out there, but I wanted to have a very full wreath. I also wanted to add a little muslin to lighten it up a bit. I envisioned some more gorgeous muslin and tulle flowers to make it warm, elegant and sophisticated.
- Wire wreath
- Flowers (see my flower tutorial)
- Glue gun or floral wire
1. Grab your wire wreath and your burlap! Start weaving the burlap through, starting between the outside ring and the third ring! Leave about 3 inches or so that you can tuck in somewhere once you finish.
2. Weave in and out from the outside to the inside and then loop the burlap back around repeat going the opposite direction.
3. Between each weave, twist the burlap and then continue weaving it through.
4. When you are weaving through the middle rings pull it all the way through so that it is tight on the back, but make sure you don’t pull it too tight on the front so that you can create the full look with your burlap!
5. As you go, fluff the burlap and position it so you know where you need more burlap. But don’t worry about it looking perfect now, because you will go back around the whole thing once you have it all in place.
6.Once it is all in place, fluff the burlap by pulling and stretching it so that it is full. If you twisted while weaving, then you with have gorgeous texture. I also wanted to make sure my wreath looked pretty even all the way around and wasn’t too much fatter in one area than another.
7. Under one of the burlap bunches, tie off a strip of muslin. Randomly weave it under different bunches of burlap until you are happy with how it looks.
8. I also just tied two strips of muslin to make the hanger more full, too.
9. You can tie the burlap down with floral wire or go to town with the glue gun to keep it in place. My wreath ended up being super tight, so I just tied it down in a couple spots. That way if I end up wanting a change in the future, I can, without having to make a new one!
10. Attach any other embellishments that you want to give it a more unique look! I attached mine using floral wire.
After you hang it up, make sure to admire your work! Look at it from a couple different angles so you know that it looks great!
Now you have a full, rustic burlap wreath!
Isn’t it gorgeous? What would you add to embellish your beautiful Fall burlap wreath?
Looking for more wreath ideas?