5 tips to organize your small sewing space

5 tips to organize your small sewing space!

Do you have a small sewing space? Maybe just a little corner in your bedroom or the dining room? These tips will help you maximize your space and create a place you’ll love sewing!

1. Utilize vertical space.

Think: shelves, pegboards, thread holders, etc. You can store a lot of supplies by going UP!

Small Sewing Space Tip #1 of 5

Source: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Tip #2

Tip #3

Tip #4

Tip #5

next-tip-arrow

Comments

1. Lauren @ The Thinking Closet says

Whoa! I don’t think I’ve ever seen so much valuable information in ONE post! Thanks so much for featuring my filed fabric. Off to dive into these gems you’ve collected…and then pin, pin, pinning away!

Cheers,
    Lauren

2. Gretchen Jaspering says

I craft and sew as well as build doll houses so I got some great ideas on how to manage all my STUFF!

3. Theresa M says

This is making my head spin, in a GOOD way….LOL LOL
    Can’t wait to apply some of these ideas to my sewing rm….
    Thank You ‘sew’ much!!

4. Sandra says

What is the fabric wrapped around and stool up? Very neat, tidy and you can see it all. Storing fabric can be overwhelming!!! Love all of the spaces.

5. Judy A. says

We just moved some things around in our home and I acquired a bookshelf. The sturdy oak one I’m using for heavy quilting books and other favorite books. The less sturdy one I’m storing fabric wrapped on comic book backing cardboards. I have it organized by colors and looks so pretty on the white shelves. Many are my older fabrics and not for current projects but it was fun “finding” them again and petting them as I folded them onto the cards. I’ve cleaned out two 3 boxed that were stacked in a corner and three piles of newer fabrics that were stacked in a cupboard under some project bags. My husband and son really think it looks nice and maybe won’t give me a hassle for buying more! I’ve nearly filled the shelves but I gleaned lots of usable space elsewhere!

6. Donna says

This is wonderful! Dh and I will be moving into a small apartment and I will have maybe 1/3 of the space I have now. Thanks so much for all of your ideas!