Sewing the perfect corner can be tricky but it's essential to learn. Nothing is better, in sewing, than creating a perfectly crisp corner. It can be the difference from looking homemade in that, "oh, isn't that nice" way to being homemade in the, "WOW, you made that?" way. And who wouldn't want that? Let's take sewing up a notch with these great tips! Pay attention to number 1 if you're using interfacing in your project.
How to sew perfect corners
- Cut the interfacing away at the corner so the bulk of the interfacing won't be in the seam allowance.
- When sewing a corner, leave the needle down and rotate your fabric 90 degrees, then continue. When you leave the needle down your stitches will create a perfect angle.
- Trim away excess bulk in the seam by cutting the seam allowance off at the corner. Be careful not to cut too close to your stitches or your corner will pull out.
- Use a corner turner after you've turned your fabric right side out. Gently press it into the corner to create the perfect point.
- Press, press, press! Make sure your iron is set to the correct type of fabric and press your corner well.
That's it! Do you have any other tips to sew perfect corners? Sewing a pillow? Read more corner tips at Michele Patterns.