Everyone loves fun family traditions at Christmas time! Last year we started this indoor Christmas Campout tradition that has become a favorite. I am so looking forward to our campout this year.
The funny thing is, I have to specify indoor when I'm telling my daughter because she will always get excited and yell "hooray we're going camping!" Then I have to burst her bubble of joy and tell her that we are actually just pretending to go camping in our living room! Which is still a ton of fun!
This activity is actually in its own category of fun! Decorating your tent or fort with Christmas lights makes for a whole new experience! Building a fake fire adds to the whole camping atmosphere and the s'mores dessert is truly something else.
So here is what you need for an indoor Christmas tree campout:
- A Christmas tree--preferably decorated!
- Christmas lights used for decorating as well! We decorated our light strand with bright blue fabric and bells to give it a pretty, rustic look!
- A tent or sheets to build a fort... building a fort makes for a fun and exciting night! But setting up a tent indoors is fun, too. We just used our new Christmas Teepee!
- A fire! Build a fake one with logs and tissue paper or if you have a fireplace you could always do real, too!
- S'mores dessert... we love this Smore's dip! But there are so many S'mores recipes out there, take your pick!
- Campfire games
- Christmas books
- Blankets and stuffed animals for snuggling! One of my most favorite parts.
I love seeing my kids imaginations go wild.... I didn't even have to remind my kids that the fire was "hot" or how to roast the marshmallows!
My daughter even wanted to help her stuffed bear roast its own marshmallow!
How cute is that!?
I hope you enjoy your fun Christmas campout and making memories with your family this year!
Leave a Comment