Okay so there are two important parts to getting fit... diet and exercise. Today we are talking about some tips for getting a workout in, even when you don't want to because everyone has those days where they just don't feel like exercising. We can't all be Jillian Michaels!
For real, though! I love that feeling you get after the workout. But even knowing that working out will give you a feeling of accomplishment doesn't make it easier to get going! So here are a few tips to make it a bit easier.
1. Make a plan. Put your workout into your planner. Decide what types of workouts will fit in your schedule best each day, make sure you check the weather for days you want to work out outdoors! Writing it down and making it visible will help you get it done.
2. Set out your workout clothes where you can see them. if you workout in the morning change into them first thing. Morning workouts are the best because they kick off your day with a burst of energy!
3. Get a buddy that you are accountable to. Join a health challenge or find a buddy that you can talk to and help motivate you! This is powerful... My sister and I will take pictures of our sweaty faces as proof that we worked out.
4. Set up a reward system for yourself! This works wonders to have something to look forward to besides that awesome feeling of accomplishment that we were talking about earlier! It will help if you need some extra motivation. My motivation is that pack of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups sitting on the top of my refrigerator!
5. Just do it! Once you get started you will get that rush of adrenalin as the endorphins pick up!
Getting and staying healthy requires some effort, but the reward is totally worth it! One of the most important things you can do is remember why working out is important to you and remind yourself constantly to get going so that you can see results!