I have a problem. I'm obsessed with cheese. I could seriously have cheese for every meal. So after I tasted my first cheeseball at a party, I knew that I had to find a delicious cheeseball recipe that balanced out all the flavors.
A little sweet, a little salty... rich and creamy... Mmmm!
The perfect cheeseball needs to enhance your vegetables and compliment your crackers! Right? It's a fine line!
This holiday cheeseball even makes broccoli delicious. It is seriously one of the only things that I will eat raw broccoli with. So not only are you making people happy, you are helping them be healthy during the holidays.
If you are hosting a fun family get together or a party with friends, this cheeseball will be the highlight of the party. I know this from experience. Every time I make this cheeseball, I get mad compliments...
So let's get right down to it!
- 12 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onions
- ¼ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tsp seasoning salt
- ½ cup crushed and drained pineapple
- ½ cup chopped pecan pieces
1. Combine all the ingredients except the pecans. Mix very well!
2. When thoroughly mixed, set in the fridge to chill for a half hour. Separate into two equal portions and roll each section into a ball.
3. After shaping the cheeseball, roll in chopped pecan pieces. Chill again!
4. Serve with crackers and vegetables.
My favorite veggies to pair with this delicious cheeseball are cherry tomatoes, colored bell peppers and broccoli. Carrots and celery are good, too. Try any type of cracker... wheat thins, triscuits, corn chips, multigrain crackers, etc. The possibilities are endless.
This cheeseball lasts for up to a week, so you can prep it before a holiday party and then just pull it out. Super easy party food! You're welcome!