Everyone loves a good Ikea hack. This dad took his kids bed Ikea hack to Level: Expert. This fun bed he made for his kid is pretty cool. Pulleys, ball drops, slides, a secret passage behind a bookshelf, activated by a secret book! This is every preschooler’s dream bed! You can watch YouTuber Eric Strong make this bed in the video below.
- 2 Kura beds
- Trofast storage combination with bins (pine finish)
- Besta shelf unit (white finish)
- 4 pack of Dioder LED lights
- 1×4, 2x4s, 4×4 (for the frame of the secret door)
- Steel rods (for the secret door hinge, and the axle which allows the crane to rotate)
- Lightweight craft wood (for the ball run)
- PVC pipe and connectors (for the ball run)
- Wood paneling
- Plywood (for slide support)
- Whiteboard (for slide surface)
- Blue contact paper
- Blue paint
- Clear wood stain
- Paint brushes
- Various hardware (e.g. nails, screws, hinges, latch)
- Gorilla glue (i.e. super glue)
Below is the video in action, as well as another video below that where he answers frequently asked questions.
[iframe width=”725″ height=”408″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/Gj-Ht19_qis?rel=0″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen]
You can find his written instructions in the comments here.
[iframe width=”725″ height=”408″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/r42VwcQxRvA?rel=0″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen]