Quick weeknight meals are a necessity around here! Between sports, homework and family time, there's just not a lot of time for cooking. We try to eat real food, home cooked meals as often as possible. Do you have your own "go to" quick weeknight meals? Make sure you enter the Quick & Creative Weeknight Meal Challenge!
Three winners will receive a featured Frigidaire Gallery® appliance. Plus, your idea will be developed into a recipe featured on Frigidaire.com!
My meal idea for the challenge:
Mom Tip: Use the quick preheat on your Frigidaire Gallery® Double Wall Oven to get the oven preheated in just minutes.
- 6 flour tortillas or 12 corn tortillas
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- ¼ cup water
- 12 ounces enchilada sauce
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Use a medium skillet on the Frigidaire Gallery® Induction Cooktop. (It heats up super quickly and is more responsive than gas or electric!) Heat bacon until crispy and place on a paper towel. Chop into bite-size pieces. Save 1 tablespoon of drippings. Mom Tip: Don't worry about bacon splatters! This cooktop stays cool so your bacon grease won't burn onto your stove but will wipe off easily when you're done!
- Cut chicken into pieces and place in the bacon drippings with the onions. Cook until cooked through, about 6 minutes. Add taco seasoning and water. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the liquid thickens. Add bacon and remove from heat.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Scoop filling into the middle of the tortillas. Top with a handful of cheese.
- Wrap the enchiladas up and place into the greased baking dish. Cover with the enchilada sauce and remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake until cheese is melted. Mom Tip: Double this recipe and cook using the True Convection setting on the oven to cook 2 racks evenly at the same time.
What meal will you share in the contest? See contest for rules.
This post is sponsored but all opinions and recipes are my own! I hope you enjoy this contest!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Frigidaire Gallery®. All opinions expressed are 100% mine.