Ready for the healthiest ice cream treat ever? That's right, one ingredient banana ice cream. How can this be ice cream, you say? Well, it's not, but it tastes like it! Kids, especially, will love this. It's a great treat on a warm day. Or paired with your favorite chocolate dessert.
I imagine it would also be delicious paired with a bowl of fruit or French Silk Pie. Or even with brownies. Yum.
Ready to make one ingredient banana ice cream?
- 4 frozen bananas (ripe, not over ripe like you'd use for banana bread)
- food processor or blender (I LOVE my Vitamix but any will do)
- Cut up your frozen bananas into small slices.
- Blend them up until smooth.
- Put into a freezer safe container and cover. Freeze for 24-48 hours.
- Scoop and serve!
Don't skip the freezing step or this will taste more like baby food than a dessert. Not that there's anything wrong with baby food but that's a totally different consistency and taste than we're going for here!