When the virus began to spread many people started working or schooling from home. Video conferencing became the norm and sometimes there’s a learning curve! Just because you figure out how to log into a Zoom meeting doesn’t mean it’s all going to go well.
I’ve been entertaining myself during this time at home by trying to find things that make me laugh. This video yesterday had be crying with laughter. Today I’m amusing myself by watching some of the funniest conference call gaffs. I’ve had to take breaks to wipe my eyes so I can see again. Laughter is some of the best medicine so I hope these will help you!
1. Don’t forget to turn off the camera when you’re done.
Just because you say goodbye doesn’t mean they can’t see you anymore. This team of DJs sure had a good laugh!
2. Be careful of the little graphics you can add to your screen.
Sometimes it’s fun to look like you’ve got a tiara or put some starts around yourself. Other times it goes very wrong. Rachel’s boss turned herself into a potato and couldn’t figure out how to turn it off! I imagine not a lot of serious business got done during this conference call!
3. Make sure everyone else in your house knows to wear pants.
This woman looks so professional and then her husband walks behind her with no pants on. Can you imagine?? Are a lot of you walking around without pants right now? It seems to be a theme!
“Hey babe I think we got this working from home thing down 👍🏽”
30 min later… pic.twitter.com/jwhRbNsU95
— David Brymer (@davidbrymer) March 24, 2020
4. Make sure your kids can’t accidentally start a video call with your boss.
Hopefully during this time most people understand working from home means crazy things can happen. But just in case your boss doesn’t have a sense of humor, make sure the kids can’t accidentally start a call. I can imagine this being pretty cute though!
When you walk into your WFH office and realize your #newcoworker just video called your boss…
Anyone else dealing with a lot of new “coworkers”?! 😂 pic.twitter.com/3RRqlGvjDb
— Matt Staneff (@MattStaneff) March 18, 2020
5. Absolutely do not take your computer with you to the bathroom.
I can’t even imagine the horror! This has to be set up, right?? Don’t assume you turned off your video conference call. Just leave the phone or computer outside the bathroom when you go! This is the ultimate funny video conferencing fail!
I’ve tried to drill it into my kids’ heads that while they’re on a Zoom meeting with their class they have to leave the computer or phone on the desk, even if they think they turned off the video. Did you know you can pull up other screens and not see the meeting but it’s still recording?? I’m sure that’s what happened here. She can’t see them but they can see her! Can you imagine?
6. Again, tell everyone in the house to wear clothes.
Oh, Amanda’s husband. Your pain brings us tears of joy.
Big WFH learning for me today.
📝 Remind Ryan to put some clothes on before he goes into the bathroom first thing in the morning.
Today he walked past my team video call BUTT naked 🤦🏻♀️
SOOOOOOO FUNNY 😂
— Amanda Baker (@amandahustled) March 17, 2020
To sum it up:
- Wear clothes while on a video conference call, even pants.
- Tell everyone else at home to put on clothes, even pants.
- Do not take your computer into the bathroom even if you think you hung up.
- When you end the call make sure it actually ended.
- Master turning graphics on and OFF before the call begins.
- Password protect your computer so the kids don’t start any calls.
Have any funny video conference call fails happened to you?? Make sure you watch this HILARIOUS mask sewing video.