Tutorial by: Becky Jorgensen
The quillow is a mix of pillow and quilt. When the quilt is all folded up and stuffed into the pocket it makes a pillow. This is so perfect for traveling and tossing in the back of your car for trips, picnics or whatever. Because they are made with fleece there is no need for binding or finishing the edges.
- fleece fabric – width of fabric X 36″ (customize this length to what you need)
- fleece fabric 10″ X 10″ (adjust this pocket to fit your quilt)
- sewing machine
1) Sew a zig zag along the top of the pocket square
2) Place in the center of the quilt along one edge- Sew three sides…leaving the inside edge open (this edge should have the zig zag stitching)
3) Fold the quillow side into the center– the pocket will be on the outside.
4) Fold the other side into the center.
5) Fold the end of the blanket until it sits on top of the pocket
6) Turn the pocket inside out -tucking the folded sides into the pocket.
You can make multiple of these– one per child so they don’t argue and don’t forget to make one for yourself!