submitted by: DIY Crush Blog
I just love bunnies in any shape or form! Real or as a toy! This free bunny sewing pattern is great for three purposes!
- It makes a lovely decoration piece for your Easter setting.
- It would for sure make a great toy for your kids.
- It is so small that it’s perfect for your fabric scrap pile and to use no longer wanted clothing as we show you in this free tutorial.
Ready to get your last minute Easter sewing on?
- woven fabric (the size of a fat quarter would work great) or a piece of old clothing
- one of two buttons
- a small bag of stuffing such as fiberfill
- double threaded hand sew needle
1. prepare your fabric or your piece of clothing by pressing it well
2. print the two bunny shape pages out with no scaling (set to 100%). Download the templates (see blog post). Cut out the shapes and tape together.
Place the template onto your two layered fabric. I placed it right over the buttons. Pin in 3.place and cut around template.
4. If you are using a button down shirt you want to sew the button tape closed so the stuffing won’t come out. Only sew the front piece.
5. Place both bunny fabric pieces with right sides together and sew around the perimeter. Leave a 4 inch opening on the underside. Back stitch the beginning and the end.
6. Cut down the seam allowance about half only going around the sewn perimeter.
7. Stuff bunny with fiberfill firmly. First push stuffing into the ears and then work your way throughout the body. Stuffing it firmly will make it nice and plum and prevent some of the wrinkly appearance as well.
8. Last step is to slip stitch the opening closed with your double threaded hand sew needle.