Submitted by: Jamey Ekins
DIY Fire Starters -They ignite instantly, are light, portable, and cost nothing. Perfect for camping, backpacking & home fires.
- Toilet paper rolls – cut in half
- Herbs – Sage helps keep bugs away (not essential but nice if you have it)
- Wax or parchment paper
- Cookie sheet
- Place wax or parchment paper on cookie sheet and place toilet paper rolls out on the tray.
- Stuff each roll with lint until its pretty full.
- Light a candle, tilt on the side and drip wax into the roll onto the lint (always taking care not to burn yourself or light the roll or lint on fire).
- If you have fresh herbs, place on top of the lint in the roll.
- Roll a sheet of newspaper around the toilet paper roll and tie off with string so that they look like Christmas crackers.