One thing I love about this time of year is all the excuses to gather with friends and have a party! My favorite thing to bring to a party is chips and dip! I especially love show stopping dips like this cheesy jalapeño dip!
I will give you fair warning...this dip is addictive! Like once you start you literally can't stop until it's all gone! Fresh jalapenos and cheese dip? That's a winning combination! It's like a jalapeno popper dip.
More Delicious Dip Recipes:
If you're a lover of chips, crackers or fruit in dip then don't miss the Hot Spinach Dip, Peanut Butter Cheesecake Dip, or sausage dip with cream cheese and cheddar.
Fun Recipe Variations
- Add Cilantro: Add a little cilantro into the dip before you bake it.
- Make it Spicier: Add a 4 oz can of diced chilis.
- Top It: When the dip comes out of the oven top it with sour cream and guacamole.
What to Dip Into the Cheesy Dip
- Tortilla Chips: These are a no brainer. The salty, crunchy chip is perfect with this dip.
- Crusty Bread: Dip some crunchy french bread or baguette into the dip.
- Veggie Sticks: Slice up some carrots, celery or bell pepper sticks to dip into this cheesy dip.
- butter: Use unsalted butter.
- red onion: You can substitute a yellow onion or white onion if you need to.
- red bell pepper: Use fresh, not frozen.
- corn: Use frozen, not canned!
- jalapeños: Fresh is best!
- garlic: Fresh minced garlic is best but you can use garlic powder if you don't have fresh garlic.
- cayenne pepper
- mayo: Use full fat mayonnaise. You can substitute sour cream or greek yogurt if you want.
- cream cheese: Use full fat cream cheese.
- cheddar cheese: Freshly grated cheddar cheese will melt better than store bought grated cheese. You can substitute half of the cheddar cheese for pepper jack cheese for even more spice.
How to Make Cheesy Jalapeño Dip
STEP 1: Melt butter in a pan on the stove over medium heat. Add red onion, bell pepper, corn and jalapeños. Sauté for a couple minutes and then add salt, garlic and cayenne.
STEP 2: Mix in the mayo and cream cheese until it is smooth.
STEP 3: Turn off the heat and add the cheese. Mix well and then pour it into a 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish. Spread out evenly over the pan.
STEP 4: Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until nice and bubbly and starting to brown at the edges.
Go ahead and pull this recipe out before you head to your next party and you'll never be forgotten!
Or don't even wait until party time. Make it right now for an indulging snack! You can thank me later!
- 3 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup diced bell pepper
- ¼ cup frozen corn
- 2 minced jalapeños
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp garlic
- dash cayenne pepper
- ½ cup mayo
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in a pan on the stove over medium heat. Add red onion, bell pepper, corn and jalapeños. Sauté for a couple minutes and then add salt, garlic and cayenne.
- Mix in the mayo and cream cheese until it is smooth.
- Turn off the heat and add the cheese. Mix well and then pour it into a 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish. Spread out evenly over the pan.
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until nice and bubbly and starting to brown at the edges.
Leave a Comment