Welcome to my personal blog!
My little space on the internet where I get to share my fabric addiction, creative pursuits, recipes and whatever interests me at the moment. I started this blog in 2007 and put very little thought into naming it, as you might suspect. But it has stuck because it is memorable and It’s really hard to get off the train to crazy.
The Official Bio:
Andrea is the owner/designer of Go To Design. She dabbles in graphic design but is a full time sewing pattern designer. You can find her designs at her shop, Go To Patterns or at Pattern Anthology, a company she co-founded. Her designs are for the modern, no fuss person. Simple and wearable. She runs the blog, Go To Sew, to accompany her pattern shop. You can find daily sewing inspiration and tutorials there as well as free patterns and store discounts.
Andrea is the mother to four adorable, loud and roudy children. They live in the Midwest where it’s cold and has a severe lack of ocean. There they embrace the chaos of daily life. You can get a glimpse on instagram.
Here’s some random bits about me:
- I’ve been married for 11 years to this guy.
- We’ve moved around. A lot. We’re currently in the middle of another move.
- I’m not a fan of a lot of attention but I do love to be funny. Sarcasm is my middle name but I prefer to go by Irony.
- I have four children. Three girls and a boy. No, we weren’t “trying for a boy”. They are all amazing and complicated and I love them to bits. If I’m gone from here from time to time it’s because I’m probably doing more puzzles and playing an extra round of a board game. But maybe not Candyland because I am pretty good about making excuses to get out of that one. Or Chutes and Ladders either. That one is painful.
- We like to do crafts here and there but mostly the kids do their own thing when it comes to art. We have art supplies always available at their art table. The mess drives me insane but I’d rather have a mess than not have the supplies out. Plus, you should see my sewing table.
- Speaking of, I’m an extremely disorganized and messy sewist. I don’t put things away until the project is over so don’t stop by if that gives you hives.
- I also don’t fold all the laundry as soon as it is out of the dryer. I used to but then I got married and had kids.
- I also run this little biz. It takes up a lot of my time. You can see the blog over here. I share lots of sewing tutorials so you’ll want to check it out.
- I sew on a Pfaff sewing machine. I love it. My favorite features are the drop in bobbin, low bobbin alarm, automatic needle down, automatic tension, slow speeds and the fact that it never ever has any problems! I use a BabyLock serger and coverlock machine. Love those like crazy as well. I started on a Brother 1034D and I think that’s a good budget serger.
- I use a Canon 7D for most of my photographs. I have a bunch of lenses I love but my Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 is my favorite at the moment.
If you want to contact me I’d love to hear from you! Email me at thetraintocrazy (at) gmail.com