Peppermint and chocolate are my favorite pairings. Clearly. Ahem. When I found this recipe for Peppermint Patties I knew I had to try. What’s not to love about homemade peppermint patties?? How good do these look???
This recipe from Stephanie at Joy of Baking is likely one of the best out there. Though I admit I don’t have anything to compare this too!
- 2 cups (240 grams) confectioners (powdered or icing) sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (20 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint oil (make sure it is labeled for internal use) (do not use peppermint extract)
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) evaporated milk
- 8 ounces (240 grams) semi sweet or bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon (12 grams) shortening
Just watch their video to see how easy they are to make! Full instructions also available to read over here.