- 1/4 inch wide red elastic – 12.5 inches
- Hot pink felt – 3 inch square ( cut a heart shape from this, the heart I cut was about 2 inches)
- White Felt – 4 inch square ( cut a heart shape bigger than the pink one from this, the heart I cut was about 2.5 inches )
- Small white button – 1
- Threads – Red and White
- Sew both the ends of elastic together by overlapping them half an inch. Reinforce his seam by sewing multiple times. I used a very narrow and small zigzag for extra strength. Don’t worry if it looks shabby at this point, it will be concealed later on.
- Place the bigger white heart beneath the joint in the headband.
- Place the smaller pink heart over the headband such that the joint gets sandwiched between the two hearts.
- Place a small white button on top of all the layers such that it sits on the headband. Hand-sew the button in place by inserting the thread through all the layers and going from one hole to the other multiple times.
- Sew running stitches with white thread along the boundary of smaller heart.
- Sew running stitches with Red/Pink thread along the boundary of bigger heart.
And you’re done! Now go put it on the cutest kid around.