submitted by: The Sewing Loft
This is a fun ruffled maxi skirt has no pattern and is a breeze to make. With just a few simple measurements, you will be stitching this skirt together in a flash.
1. fabric (I used a jersey knit and did not hem)
2. 1″ elastic
1. Measure your hips and follow the below image to create your pattern. Remember you are cutting 2 of the half width to create your pattern pieces.
2. Sew right sides together and stitch up long sides of rectangle.
3. Fold top edge of maxi skirt down to the wrong side and stitch 1″ from edge to create a tunnel. Insert elastic and close for an easy waistband. Wrap elastic around your waist to measure and cut to size. Tunnel through your waistband, stitch and close.
5. Divide your ruffle into 4 equal parts and mark with pins; repeat to the bottom of your skirt. Pull top threads of basting stitch and gently gather your ruffle, matching the pins as you go. Overlap your ruffle on the bottom edge of skirt making sure gathering is evenly spaced. Straight stitch ruffle in place.
6. Hem skirt if you like, I left my bottom edge raw.
Just layer this maxi skirt with a tank top or tee shirt and you are good to go! Perfect for whatever the day brings.