submitted by: Becky Jorgensen
Create fun, colorful holiday mug rugs with this quick tutorial. They’re easy to make and personalize!
- scraps of fabric for the mug rug top
- backing fabric 8″ X 10″
- scraps for applique pieces
- Applique templates -print from here
- Therm O Web HeatnBond® Lite Fusible applique
- Therm O Web Fusible Fleece
1) Cut your fusible fleece and backing fabric to 8″ X 10″
2) Fuse your backing fabric to the fleece using the instructions provided
3) Sew your scraps to the fused pieces following this tutorial for the quilt as you go method
4) Trace your applique pieces on the Therm o Web HeatnBond fusible- follow instructions to fuse to fabric scrap
5) Cut out and place on finished mug rug top. Iron in place
6) Sew around the outside of the fused holiday applique pieces to secure- you can do raw edge applique, button hole stitch, or zig zag if you’d like.
7) Bind the edges –tutorial for binding here if you need help