Your dog shouldn’t have to eat off the floor! Make this super easy DIY elevated dog feeder! This is a really easy way to introduce yourself to a jigsaw. Definitely a beginner project!
submitted by: Tiffany McCauley
Make this elevated dog feeder from an old, wooden crate!
- compass with pencil
- stamp and ink or paint of your choice
- varnish or finishing coat
- Using an old crate, be sure it has a “shelf” in the middle. If it does not, you’ll want to add one for stability. Many old crates will already have these.
- Measure across the middle of your bowls and then subtract the width of the lip. This will give you the needed diameter of your bowls.
- Choose a blade with small teeth for your jigsaw. Especially if your wood is very soft.
- Once the circles had been cut out, the bowls fit quite nicely.
- Using an ink pad (or a shallow bowl of paint) and a stamp of your choosing, stamp or pain whatever design you’d like to have on your dog feeder.
- Finish with a coat of varnish or other finishing coat to protect from dirt and elements and dry completely.