Tutorial by: Jamey Ekins
This easy cozy crochet blanket is so simple, quick and fun to make. You don’t need much experience to make this blanket and you can crochet it up in a jiffy.
- Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn – number of balls depends on the size you make it.
- Crochet Hook – US P/11.5 mm.
- Make a slip stitch and chain 60 stitches together, keeping tension even through the chain.
- Not turning your work, count back 4 stitches from the hook and do 2 dc in the same spot, skip a chain, 2 dc and continue in the same manner along foundation chain until the end.
- Once you reach the end, 1 dc in the last chain.
- Ch 3 and turn.
- 1 dc in first chain, skip 1 ch, 2 dc and repeat until the end (the 2 dc should be in between the “v” stitches front the first row)
- Using the top chain on the end, place 1 dc. ch 3 and turn.
- Continue steps 5 and 6 until you’ve made the blanket as long as you’d like. I made my blanket 50 rows.
- When adding the fringe, cut the yarn to about double the length you want the fringe to be (mine were 8 inches each total length). Fold your yarn in half and take the side with the loop and push it through the gap on each side of the 2 dc along the border of your blanket. Then get the side with the loose ends of the yarn and pull them tightly through the loop to secure. Continue until both ends of your blanket have fringe across the entire width of the blanket.