submitted by: CreativeLive Blog
Using beautiful My Mind’s Eye paper, Colleen Pastoor creates a unique and family friendly advent calendar with an emphasis on experience instead of gifts.
- My Mind’s Eye Christmas on Market Street Everything Kit
- Paper cutter, craft knife, and scissors
- Fine tip marker or pen
- Gold string
- Double sided tape and mounting tape
- Drop cloth or other durable fabric
- Stick to hang from (mine was foraged using branch cutters)
- Hot Glue
- Sawtooth Hanger kit and hammer
1. The first thing you’ll want to do is create your envelopes. I resized a template and printed it off to cut four envelopes from one sheet of scrapbook paper
2. Next, cut cards to write your activities on.
3. Now it’s time to add tags and pretty bits to your envelopes!
4. When all your envelopes are ready, arrange them on your drop cloth and cut it to size. I left some space at the top for the ‘Merry Christmas’ chipboard and stickers. Use hot glue to affix the stick to the drop cloth, then trim as close as possible to the glue. Add a sawtooth hanger to the back of the stick for easy hanging.
5. Use mounting tape (foam tape found in the hardware section) to affix the envelopes to the drop cloth.
6. My finishing touch was cutting a banner shape on the bottom of the drop cloth.
Now you’re ready to admire it and anticipate December 1st. Because with this on your wall it will seem like that’s all to far away (especially for little fingers!).