Recipe by: Jamey Ekins
Curried Apple Egg Salad Sandwich – forget your grandma’s recipe, this is the best egg salad sandwich you’ve ever eaten.
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1 cup apples, diced (Granny smith recommended)
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- ½ stalk celery, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro or parsley
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1½ tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp old fashion mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Bread of your choice
Hard-boil the eggs. Cool, run under water, remove the shells carefully. Chop or mash eggs into small chunks.
Whisk mayo, lime juice, curry, mustard, salt and cayenne together in a large bowl. Add the eggs, apple, onion and cilantro or parsley, stir to combine.
Toast your bread and spread the curried egg mixture on toast. Enjoy!