Tutorial by: Becky Jorgensen
This crochet dish scrubber is made of cotton yarn.It has a “finger pocket” to put your fingers right in the scrubber and get a good scrub without your hads slipping or you getting food caught under your nails. It’s great for dumping in the washer with some bleach to get them super clean after a good scrubbing happens. You will be using only two stitches of crochet for this project– the single crochet and a chain stitch. Pretty simple and great for anyone just starting out.
- 100 % cotton yarn
- crochet hook H
1) Crochet a chain of 13 ( you can adjust this now if you’d like. Place your hand down on the crochet chain and make sure it is wide enough to go around all your fingers as they will be inside the pocket you will make later.
2) Single crochet for a total 13 – 15 rows tall. Again, make any adjustments now. This piece will be the top of the scrubber. It will be on top of your fingers.
3) On the next row, single crochet in the first loop. Then Chain stitch 5 loops
4) Single crochet in the same loop or hole you just did the chain in.
5) Continue with a couple of single crochets, then repeat with the chain 5 process
6) Keep repeating until you are at the end of the row
7) On the next row you will want to push those 5 chains to one side (they all go to the same side)
8) Follow the same pattern– single crochet in a couple spots, then chain 5 (pushing the previous row loop out of the way) and then single crochet just past the loop.I have completed the chain 5 on this row and am now doing a single crochet in the spot next to the loop. This is kind of confusing, but once you get the rhythm or pattern down it will work out.
I made sure I was not doing the chain 5 directly on top of the previous rows chain. I alternated them.
9) When you have completed the same amount of rows and the single crochet section, you will want to do one or two rows single crochet to finish
10) Fold in half with the loops to the outside and crochet down the sides connecting the front to the back. It’s ready to get to work– great for pans! Great for bottles