submitted by: Patchwork Posse
Composition book covers aren’t that great looking. An easy way to cover that up is with fabric. What’s even better is that it becomes personalized! The elastic closure is a simple addition to keep it closed and loose papers inside.
29″ X 10 3/4″ fabric- outside cover
elastic closure- 12″
1) Hems the short ends of the cover fabric.
2) Measure from center 6 1/2″ and mark on the side. Repeat with other side.
3) Measure again 8″ from one side for the elastic placement.
4) Line up the elastic and pin in place.
5) Stitch the edges down to secure.
6) Fold the ends in, using the marks from step 2 as a guide.
7) Pin all the way around the outside of the cover.
8) Stitch along the top and bottom edge of the cover- make sure the hems stay flat and don’t pucker. Use more pins to secure if needed.
9) Turn right sides out and iron – the middle part of the folded pockets will automatically fold in.
10) Place your composition book inside. If you’d like you can sew a finishing stitch along the whole outside.