A TV is often the focal point of the American living room but sometimes it’s nice to take the focus off that ugly black box. I’ve collected 8 ways that you can make a DIY (do-it-yourself) solution to hide a TV. There are lots of examples and many of the options have tutorials. Note the source below each photo.
1. Hang a track above the TV to slide artwork.See this video tutorial at Lowes. Source: Country Living
2. Mount a TV inside a piece of furniture with a hinged top. This is a little crazy and a little cool.Source: It’s Just Laine
3. Hang a piece of store bought art over your TV.
Tutorial at John’s Journal.
4. Buy a fireplace mantel and mount your TV inside!Source: Apartment Therapy
5. Cover a recessed TV space.Use shutters! Source: Country Living
6. Cover the TV with old (or new) doors.Tutorial at Kirsten Duke Photography source: Nest Egg Source: Blue Egg Brown Nest
7. Use a pull down map.Source: HouseBeautiful
8. Surround it by picture frames.source: Emily A. Clark source: BHG tutorial: nineMSN source: Pottery Barn