the Casual Lady top and dress pattern for women

It’s here! The Casual Lady top and dress sewing pattern is for sale! My new easy-sew cap sleeve tee & dress pattern is available now in my shop!

Casual Lady sewing pattern for women
I have to say, I LOVE this shirt. It is so comfortable and flattering. And I’m not just saying that because it’s a self design. I’ve seen it on a lot of other testers and it looks great on everyone! You can’t say that about a lot of patterns.

Casual Lady sewing pattern
And the dress is pretty flattering too. I’m a size 10/12 in ready to wear (this was a Large) and I don’t think this is a camera trick. It looks pretty good! And I don’t say that a lot about myself.

The neckline is fully faced.

No need to use ribbing.

No sleeves to set in.

Simple. This pattern is quick, easy, and the results don’t disappoint!

And here I am. still looking angry but wearing sunglasses.

Casual Lady sewing pattern
I’m so excited that some fellow bloggers will be taking this Casual Lady on the road for a little tour to help raise awareness about She’s Worth It and the Casual Lady.

The-casual-lady-goes-on-the-road
Today on the tour: Melly Sews! Head over and see what she made!

Tutally unrelated, but you should check out her handstitching for garment sewing post.

Comments

Hahah still looking angry. I can’t wait to finish mine. It has been sitting on my sewing table waiting for naptime!

You do look awesome you should be smiling about that! I think I’m going to make it in black, yours is so cute.

I’m so excited! I’ve been looking for a pattern just like this – the fabric has been downstairs patiently waiting to be cut into. And, yes, you look beautiful!

Haha!!! I often look a bit angry in photos as well, and I always think ‘I don’t look like that.’ Love this entire concept, can’t wait to check it all out!

5. R W B says

I LOVE this but wish it went up a couple more sizes so I could buy it and make it! How easy would it be to enlarge to a size 22?

6. Abby S says

It’s my lucky day!! I’ve been dying to finally sew something for MYSELF but hadn’t come across the right pattern. Until now! Even sweeter that proceeds are going to a good cause. WooHoOOOooOOo

Haha, I’m either looking angry or bemused. Not sure which is worse :) Someone needs to write a tute on how to pose for pictures, I’d gobble that up.