Social Media Friends: Facebook

If you blog you've probably wondered if you should have a facebook page. The answer really isn't simple but if you do have a facebook page this is the place to be. Today on Social Media Friends we'll be linking up our facebook fan pages so everyone else can follow along.

Considering starting a fan page? Here are a few reasons to have one:

• Having a bunch of facebook fans makes your blog look popular. Readers are drawn to popular blogs.
  • Sponsors and brands will inquire about how many facebook fans you have. If you would like to make your blog a business it's a good idea to have a fan page.
  • It is an easy way to speak directly to your readers. While the facebook algorithm limits how many you'll reach, you are guaranteed to have the ear of at least some.

Each Monday we'll be featuring three (or more) bloggers so you can get to know and follow them! But that's not all! You can link up your own profile. Here's the catch, in order to link up you need to follow the three featured bloggers AND five others. It's quick, easy and a great way to meet people who share your interests. Plus it will help you increase your following. Interested in being a featured blogger?? Follow at least 20 people and leave me a comment to get on our list!

Meet our featured bloggers!

About-kristin-timm
Skirt as Top    Follow Kristin on facebook

About-Narelle

Cook, Clean Craft    Follow Narelle on facebook

About-stefanie-knaus

Girl, Inspired    Follow Stefanie on facebook

Last week's link up was such a success because you all spread the word. If you'd like, please tweet & post about SMF so others can come follow along! Grab a button if you'd like!

Up next week: Pinterest

Are you ready to meet new people?? Let's get started! This is an easy way to get new followers and find new friends! Don't forget to go say hi to your new facebook followers and the new people you follow!

Comments

1. Marni says

Hey- thank you. Last week was great!! Lack of sleep had me use the link to my blog… And here I thought I was smart. Can you delete #11 [Haberdashery Fun] and I will re-add?
    Thanks! Looking fwd to this week!
    Marni

2. Angelina says

Hi, I am so excited to join in. I am coming over from Stefanie’s blog and I a looking forward to getting to know some new bloggers.. :)
    XO
    Angelina

3. RaeAnna says

I would love to be a featured blogger!!! Looking forward to getting more updates from these creative girls on FB! :) I love clicking the link and seeing that I am already a follower! lol!

4. Amanda says

This is a really great series! It’s fun checking out new sites and seeing new traffic come to mine! I’d love to be a featured blogger! I have followed everyone here so far, so about 25 pages…some new to me, some not! Looking forward to seeing new projects pop into my news feed!

5. Stella says

Hi, I was sent here by Jenny of Mend and Make New! This is a great tool for reaching new audiences, thanks heaps! I went a bit crazy following new pages, yuss!

6. Ledys says

Gals, what is the best way to set up a Facebook page for your blog? I already have a personal fb account but I would like to create one for my blog–do you reccommend creating a new account or creating a Facebook page? I appreciate the advice, and thanks for putting this series together, I’m excited to meet all of these awesome new-to-me bloggers!

7. Diane Drake says

You’re not the first to wonder about this. :) FB Profiles are for individuals & Pages are for businesses (or Blogs, etc.) & will be connected to your personal Profile. It’s very simple to set up but has been a while for me. Search on FB if you don’t find the info right away. Good luck! Happy to read this post & get started — great idea! Diane, http://www.SownComfort.com