Tutorial: Travel Toothbrush Holder

Browsing Pinterest last week I saw something that was so simple it was brilliant. A travel toothbrush holder made from a wash cloth. It was great, but not exactly what I need. My problem is electric toothbrushes are hard to pack. They are big and bulky.

Most commercial options aren't adequate. I hate those plastic cases that go around the bristles. They get nasty and they are hard to clean. That's how this "On The Go" toothbrush holder was born.

Want to know how to pack 4 toothbrushes? Here's the full travel toothbrush holder tutorial. In all of it's simple glory. Now you can sew a toothbrush case for yourself in about 10 minutes!

On the go toothbrush holder

Supplies:

• 2 wash cloths
  • ribbon

Travel toothbrush holder-4966

Sew the ribbon about 2/3 of the way up the wash cloth. Center it so there is enough ribbon hanging off each end to tie a bow.

Travel toothbrush holder-4969

Turn that wash cloth over so the ribbon is facing down.

Fold the second wash cloth so it is the length of your toothbrush and place it on top of the first wash cloth. Pin.

Travel toothbrush holder-4971

Sew 3 verticle lines to make seperate compartments for each toothbrush.

Travel toothbrush holder-4976

Fold the 1st wash cloth down over the 2nd. Pin the sides. Sew along both sides and bottom.

Travel toothbrush holder-4977

Travel toothbrush holder-4978

Fill with toothbrushes.

Travel toothbrush holder-4979

Travel toothbrush holder-4980

There you have it! Your very own, throw in the washing machine, toothbrush holder.

How do you pack your toothbrushes?

Comments

1. nathaliestringer@sympatico.ca says

very very brilliant! toss in the machine when you get home to clean for next time. thank you for sharing this brilliant idea.
    nathalie

Oh, this is easy to do. My nephews and nieces wouldn’t have a hard time packing their toothbrushes for traveling because I can put all of them here or in that case! I can also make one for myself, but I would use another color like blue or purple. Hahaha!

3. Liz says

How wonderfully easy but I never would have come up with it on my own! I’m going to make one for each kiddo – the slots are long enough that the toothbrush would be protected from the comb in the next slot. Hmmm…now I’m thinking. Thanks!

4. Laura says

Maybe you could make one for each child, and include a tube of tootpaste slot as well? A comb, toothbrush and toothpaste? Sounds like it’s time to head to Grandma’s! Great idea!

How about a hand or fluffy kitchen towel as a sub for the two washcloths? May be a little easier to construct from one piece rather than two.

6. Ags says

This is really cute and simple! I also like Laura’s idea of creating one per child and including a small toothpaste tube slot, etc. Definitely want to make this. I have been dropping my boys’ toothbrushes in ziplock bags for overnight trips–this is so much better, thanks!

I made some of these for camping last year, but I didn’t sew down the top section that folds over the pockets. It’s a great way to be sure that the toothbrushes stay put and stay clean. I think I’ll modify mine and sew those edges down. Thanks for the tutorial!

ok, this is perfect! I alwys through mine in the bag and think I shouldn’t do this…. And then I zip up my bag and on we go. I so need this! Thanks!

Really great idea! I, too, pinned the other toothbrush holder and bought the washcloths to make it. I think I might like yours better. Thanks!