Design for Shabby Apple

Shabby dress 253
I'm excited about my Shabby Apple "Dare to Design" entry. Shabby Apple dresses are amazing and I'd love the opportunity to have my design sold on their site! I've seen the other competition though and WOW! You are all talented!

I'm a girl that needs comfortable clothes. I need items in my wardrobe that can be worn in multiple situations and can be either dressed up or down. But most of all, I need something that is flattering and leaves me comfortable in my "I just had 4 babies" body.

This dress is a lightweight jersey knit. I've created it in a heather purple but it would look great it black, gray, teal or even light pink. The defining features of the dress are the scoop neckline, rouched sides and full skirt. This makes the perfect dress for showing off your body while hiding those imperfections!

Shabby dress 251
Dressed up with a sweater and heals or dressed down with flip flops it is so comfortable I'll probably be wearing it to the playground later.

Shabby dress 252
My 6 year old was my photographer. The only guidance I gave her was "make sure my head AND my feet are in the picture." She obliged. She's already shooting artistic shots and doesn't even know it!

Would you wear this? What do you think?

Comments

1. Becca S. says

Cute! I would definitely wear it. And purple is my favorite color, so I’d be even more inclined. :) Love the rouching on the sides, it is perfect for us mommies! :)

2. Megan@SortaCrunchy says

Oh, Andrea! I LOVE IT! I would so totally wear this. I’ve only had two babies, but they were both c-sections and somehow that area just never can be the same again. A little help across that area is so needed. I LOVE this!
    (And yes, the artistic shots are pretty awesome.)

3. G. says

beautiful job, Andrea! And just so you know…you look fantastic!! Love the color, too. I would definitely wear it. :)

4. Stephanie says

This is awesome! I would SO wear it! It looks comfortable, but can still be dressy, and since it has sleeves, I could wear it to work! Love it!

5. Polwig says

I love it and would totally wear it, plus you can make it more “work” like by making them in tweed or something manly but feminine. Awesome !!!

6. Sarah Lunt says

I would totally wear it. Love it! I love the color – great choice! Such a fun competition huh? We all win because we get a dress out of it!

7. Elizabeth says

I would wear it! I love the fact that it would help ‘disguise’ the parts of my ‘mom’ body that aren’t perfect right now…!!

8. Shannon says

I love it, too! I think it is great pre-baby, very early post-baby, and after three babies.
    My favorite part is the neckline. Flattering without being too revealing or too prudish.

9. Renee says

I would definitely wear this! So cute! After two c-sections I agree with the comment about that area never being the same again! I would almost prefer a three quarter sleeve as opposed to the one you have as that one would hit on the widest part of my arm flap! I think it would be beautiful in any colour!
    Great job!

10. Jessie says

I love it, too! So pretty, and since I’ve had three kids… anything with rouching is immediately awesome-er in my book, too. :) Great job.

11. Rachel says

I absolutely love it! I don’t know if there’s voting in this contest . . . but if so, I will SO be voting for your dress :-) I love that it’s so simple, but has adorable details. Great job!

12. jess says

this is such a great design, andrea! i really love it. and you’re right – very flattering! i love wearing knit dresses, too – so comfy. great job! good luck :)

13. Meegan says

Andrea,
    Can you please just whip me one up in my size? I LOVE it so much!
    Oh and I love the colour too – dark enough to miss any kid spills, but light enough to get out of wearing all too much black :)
    xo