Ever since Penny Carnival posted her Hanging Book Display tutorial I've wanted one. I finally got one. My mom made it for my toddler for Christmas and she loves it. Having books right next to her in bed has encouraged a love of books.
However… I wouldn't put it right next to a bed if I did it again. She kicks it constantly. It is off the wall more than it is on the wall.
I put them on the wall for my other girls. Even anchored in the wall they still got ripped out. No matter how many times mom says not to hang on them it is hard to remember in the moment. Apparently.
- Book Sling: by Grandma (tutorial by Penny Carnival)
- Crocheted Doll: by Great Grandma (find good patterns here)
- Elephant: by Mom (pattern from Sew Everything Workshop)
- Quilt: by Mom (pattern based on pattern in Bend-the-Rules Sewing)
- Wall letters: by Land of Nod
Do your kids get surrounded by handmade?