Organizing my way

If you are anything like me, you want to do more things than are actually physically possible to accomplish in a given time period. You may also get a bit bogged down by the list. I know I do so today I decided to make my "list" more fun.

Lists
No longer do I have to stare at my fabric piles and patterns. I've stapled pieces of fabric next to pattern numbers so I know which fabrics in my stash would work well with which patterns. I'm absolutely loving this method of organization. Of course, these aren't the only two pages. So far I've organized my list for school clothes and discovered that if I make it all my daughter will have enough to wear a new outfit daily for a month. I won't be making it all.

How do you organize your "to sew" list?

In related news: I've committed to the De-Stash Challenge. Will you join me?

Thanks to my new sponsors! Check them out on the left side bar! If you are interested in becoming a sponsor please check out my new policy

Comments

1. maryanne says

This is a great idea! Sadly I’m nowhere near this organized, which is probably one part of why I never sew anywhere near as much as you…

2. Teresa says

Great idea. Thanks for sharing. Like Maryanne, I am not that organized. Thanks for visiting my blog. I’m looking around your’s as soon as this post is finished.
    Teresa

3. Chris says

I keep a notebook too, but I also have a big piece of newsprint with projects to be done on my wall. Someday I want to get a huge corkboard so I can put swatches, ideas and inspiration all in the same spot.

4. Diann @ The Thrifty Groove says

What a great idea! the to do lists and keeping up on everything is a huge issue with me recently. I have FINALLY (yes, I am kinda slow! LOL) realized I can’t do EVERYTHING. what a shock for me!

5. Southernscraps says

Great idea. I have lots of fabric and patterns and was thinking of at least writing the ideas for which fabrics with which patterns in a notebook. I hadn’t thought of attaching a sample of the fabric.

6. Jenna M. says

Because my craft projects are stored in the living room on open shelves, I needed a way to keep them not only organized, but “looking” organized too.
    I found plastic shirt boxes at a local store and in each one I place the pattern, the chosen fabrics and thread and any specialized tools needed for that project.
    On the side of the box that will be visible, I write (with a wet-erase marker) what the project is. On the top, I write a more detailed description, including specifying which fabrics are for which part. This has helped out on many occasions when I’ve forgotten which fabric was trim, etc. If the fabric is noted, then you don’t have to waste time remeasuring to verify which piece is for which part.
    I usually have 10-15 projects lined up at a time and this system has helped me get my projects done faster (I don’t have to hunt down the needed supplies), and because they’re all in matching boxes, it also looks more organized.
    Have a great day!