School Clothes {The Green Dress}

Another item for school came off the machine last weekend. I'm not sure I can keep this one put away until the Fall when school starts.

Green dress 3
She wore it around town (Boston) this weekend. With all the green flying around here right now for the basketball championship she fit right in.

Green dress 4
I used a tissue weight cotton knit so it is very light and comfortable. It definitely needs the leggings with it because of the weight. Pattern from this book.

Green dress 1
The shape is so wonderful. Perfect for a picky girl who just likes to be comfortable.

Green dress 2
I just can't decide. One pocket, or two? I only added one at this point but I'm considering putting on another. I do like the asymmetry of just one pocket. What do you think? Should I add another?

Similar pattern HERE

Comments

1. Claudia Almandoz says

I am LOVIN´this! I love when cloths can be fun… this is just the right amount of crazy! Great Job! Greetings from Handmade Con Amor from Mexico! Clau

2. maryanne says

This looks so cute and comfy! I love the single asymmetrical pocket. Is it a knit or woven cotton? Also, did you make up the pattern yourself?

3. kari says

One pocket! My first thought when I saw it was how unique the one pocket and transverse pattern was. :)
    Do you have any tips for keeping the thin knits from rolling up on us as we sew?

4. D'Linda Laird says

Definitely one pocket. It looks great on her. I vote for another dress also out of this knit fabric but in the peach colored family as that is a good color for her.

5. Linda Meziere says

I would ask the girl if she wants another pocket. And where. She might surprise you. Anyway, cute dress, cute girl.

6. Emily says

I love it!! I am coming from creative juices linky party and I am so glad I did!! I have 4 girls and one who will ONLY wear dresses! THanks!! Emily Jandeecrafts.blogspot.com

7. Misty says

Such a pretty dress! Love the green, and I love it with one pocket!
    Thanks for linking @Creative Itch’s “Sew Cute Tuesday”!

8. Tiffany says

Oh, that dress is so crazy cute! Love the one pocket, it gives it character! The perfect touch! Wow! What a great dress. Love the green color. Adorable.

9. Laura says

Oh my gosh, so cute! I’d love a dress like this.
    I am hosting a giveaway and I’d love it if you stopped by.
    Laura @ along for the ride

10. Amber says

Hey Andrea! Thanks for stopping by again. I’m so in love with this dress and your little one is just adorable. I may have to go buy the pattern. BTW where did you find the fabric? Green is my favorite color!!

11. Kara says

ooh, one pocket… the stripes make it super cute with the sideways design. I LOVE this dress… I need one in a Women’s Medium =]

12. threeundertwo says

So adorable! How many pockets does the darling model want? I love the color. Thanks so much for linking up to Finished for Friday. I like your header. Great blog.

13. Ela says

Such a great job!! Super cute dress.
    Thanks so much for linking up to Pajama Party at Life In My Pjs!!
    ~Ela

14. Holly L says

That is a really cute dress…I love the bold stripes. Sorry it didn’t help the Celtics (I am an L.A. girl…but do not like the Lakers – don’t tell!)

15. Robin says

Soooo cute! My girls would love something like this! Too bad I’m too chicket to sew clothes. Curtains and pillows are my only comfort zone.

16. Stephanie Lynn says

This is super cute! Love the stripes. Thanks so much for joining the Sunday Showcase! I greatly appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful week. ~ Stephanie Lynn

17. Heather says

Are the patterns in this book all in Japanese? I only ask because I am currently in Japan and there are no American patterns to be had here. I would love to buy some of the cute Japanese patterns I have seen but I am nervous about the language barrier. I would love to know more about your experience using this book. Thanks!