A floral Fathers’ Day

We spent our Fathers' Day honoring the father that lives in our house. It started too early and ended too late but there was a lot of fun and food in the middle. The girls wanted to get their dad flowers for Fathers' Day so they made him some tissue flowers. They made me buy a vase so he can put them in his office. He's excited about that.

Fathers day
We got one photo of the girls and their dad before I backed up into the neighbor's bike rack on their car, rendering myself useless as a photographer. Thankfully this was about as good as we were going to get anyway. You can see he's wearing his special handprint shirt the girls made him.

The little two, or rather, the younger two are wearing matching dresses I made a while back. They are very simple, patternless dresses. I cut them slightly narrower at the top, cut out armholes, and made the back the same as the front. I have elastic in the top casing so it goes over the head easier considering the high neckline and lack of zipper. I simple sewed a piece of elastic just above the waistline to add shape.

Floral dress 1
Super simple, super comfy for Summer.

Floral dress 2
It started to rain so we came inside to complete the photo shoot.

Rain 2
Well, some of us came inside. Others of us chose to have a little fun.

Floral dress 3
The baby's dress is basically the same as the bigger dress. Except it is reversible. Reversible is good when you're dealing with messy eaters.

Floral dress 5
Look at those knees!! Yum!

Linked here

Comments

1. Cheryl says

I really love this. Pretty & easy. Did you attach the straps to the elastic casing and then push it through? Definitely on my to-make list.

2. Dad says

Daddy and daughter running in the rain, great cheap fun, and good memories, I wish I could run in the rain with my daughter again.

3. Cheri Peoples says

Those are sweet little dresses. What precious memories.
    Thanks so much for posting to the party.
    Be sure to check out the DIY Club inc.com site We have 3 new sponsors. I would love to have you enter a project.
    Cheri

4. Tanya says

What sweet little dresses. They have such a cute shape. I miss having chubby little knees at my house. They grow up way to fast!! Looks like y’all had a great Father’s Day!

5. My Magic Mom says

That is one adorable dress and the cutie wearing it sure helps too!
    I’d love for you to come over and link up to My Magic Friday blog party!

6. Andrea says

Great memories! The dresses are darling. I especially like how you made the little one reversible!! I am a girl momma too!

7. Rebekah Greiman says

How cute are these little dresses! I really love the photo of your Hubby (I’m assuming) playing in the rain with your little girl. That is something my own Dad would have done. So sweet. Thanks for sharing!

8. Sydney says

those are very cute. i am way too much of a novice sewer to do anything patternless and have it actually fit someone!

9. Holly L says

Absolutely adorable. I love a sweet little girls dress! That last photo is precious…little baby legs are yummy! Thanks for linking to Tickled Pink.