Ducklings!

We participated in the Duckling Parade in Boston today. Oh my goodness. What is cuter than a whole bunch of ducklings following the Make Way For Duckling path to the Public Gardens? Well, this is.

IMG_4961
That's right, 3 of the cutest ducklings showing off their feathers.

Or hugging sisters.

IMG_5036
Or maybe this.

IMG_5073
It was so much fun making the duckling costumes. The little one is made from a cotton knit. The top is smocked as well as the very bottom. The ruffled bum used as much fabric as the entire dress. It was worth it. So cute.

Maggie duck

The costume on my oldest, with the other ruffle bum, is made from a costume fake suede. I used this tutorial for the romper. I added 4 layers of ruffles on the bum. She wore a tutu under the romper to add volume.

Naomi duck

The costume on my middle daughter is what the girls call the "fancy duckling." The dress fabric is a costume satin. The ruffles are chiffon. The dress is loosely inspired by this tutorial. There are yards and yards of ruffles that circle the dress. The bottom has elastic to give it shape. She is also wearing a tutu under the dress to give it volume.

Daphne duck
 So, how about those ducklings?

Comments

1. april says

That is about the cutest thing I’ve ever seen! Do they have a costume contest??? If not, they should. And you should win!

2. D'Linda Laird says

that is SO cute auntie andrea. I can’t wait to see them next week. how are you and your ducklings? tell naomi,daphne,maggie,and the baby boy HI for me please. from:mattie <:

3. Jingle says

Oh, HOW precious!!!! Those little outfits are so adorable! I’ve never actually been out to that event. I just may have to make the journey one of these years.

4. googiemomma says

So cute! I love any excuse to make costumes for my kids–it’s my favorite kind of sewing! You did a wonderful job, they look adorable!

5. Cook Clean Craft says

That is just the most adorable thing I’ve ever seen (not including my own child). How cute!
    Thanks for stopping by Cook Clean Craft. Good luck with Kids’ Clothes Week! I’ll link up on Thursday!

6. maryanne says

These are so adorable! I love the tail on your youngest daughter, and the fact that you made three gorgeous yet unique costumes for them!