I've been having a bit of a discussion on facebook about how often different people leave the house with their kids during the day. You know, on those days when it is just you and the kids. It seems like most people average leaving the house about once a day. Of course, some people prefer not to leave and others prefer not to stay home. Some even leave the house 3 or more times during the day.
I lean more toward the once a day side. I'm a home body so it doesn't bother me (usually) to stay in the whole day if we have to. I really hate feeling like we have too many things scheduled. I try not to plan more than 1 trip a day whether it is a play date, lesson, mom's group, or a trip to the park (we have no yard). Other than that we like to do things around here.
I am really interested in hearing how the other side lives. Here are my reasons for liking to stick around the house more;
- We read more and do more learning activities.
- It takes a lot of work getting out of the house!
- I like the kids to nap in their beds, as much as possible.
- We can stick to our routines when we stay home more.
- We eat out less.
- The girls play REALLY well together at home.
Keeping these things in mind, here are the reasons I like to go out;
- Change of scenery
- Playing outside is fun
- Seeing friends is tons of fun
- Seeing something new, learning something
These are the reasons I hate going out;
- Shopping, for anything. I'm not a mall girl and I'm not a fan of 3 kids in the grocery store. We do it, but I'd rather not!
- Running errands. Getting everyone in and out of the car multiple times is just torturous. Which may be odd because the kids don't mind and are really well behaved.
So, how often do you get out of the house? Where do you go? Do you get out more to do stuff for you or stuff for the kids? More shopping and seeing your friends or more parks and beaches? Do you schedule things or just go with the flow? It is really intriguing me how different we all are.